Visit Family & Friends
Steps to obtaining a Schengen visa:
- Before coming to the Visa application centre, make sure you have registered, filled in the visa application form online and made an appointment to come to the Centre. Book well in advance:
- Choose a check list in accordance with where you are going and the country where you have your main stay. Make sure you have all the required documents.
- Your passport must have at least two blank pages. Passports older than 10 years will not be accepted. Additional booklets are not considered as a new passport.
- Residents in Singapore must present a residence permit valid for at least 3 months after the intended visit to the Schengen area.
- Applicants must appear in person
Book an appointment to apply for a Schengen visa
Please click on ‘schedule an appointment’ tab to book an appointment.
Make sure you are on time for your appointment; for those showing up late there is no guarantee that the application can be submitted and applicants may need to reschedule their appointment. Also, notify the Visa Application Centre if you are unable to make your appointment.
Appointments can be made for:
Monday to Friday: 8.00 hours to 14.00 hours
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in Euro||Service Fee in SGD|
|Visit Family & Friends||80.00||21.00|
|Children aged 6 to 12 years old||40.00||21.00|
|Children aged 6 years below||Gratis||21.00|
|Reduced Short term Visa Fee for Nationals of Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, FYROM Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine||35.00||21.00|
Fees with effect from 01 September 2020, subject to change on monthly basis
The applicant must fill visa application and pay the visa fee online using ApplyVisa.um.dk
Visa fees are to be paid online upon submission of your application.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- The visa application centre offers an optional service at a nominal additional cost:
- Photo services
- Courier service
- SMS Tracking Facility
All charges (VFS Global service charges and other charges) are to be paid in cash Singapore Dollars only.
It is mandatory to make an appointment online and submit your visa application in person at the Joint Visa Application Centre (VAC).
|Please click here to download the checklist for visit family and friends|
|Please click here to download VU2 Invitation form for Denmark|
|Please click here to download the UDI Form for Norway|
|Please click here to view the information for Finland|
|Please click here to download the Invitation for Sweden.|
|Please click here to download the Invitation for Iceland|
|Please Click here to download the checklist for Domestic Helper Holiday with Employer|
|Please Click here to download the checklist for Partner of EU citizen visiting home country|
|Please Click here to download the checklist for Partner of EU citizen|
- For your reference, please consult the Embassy’s list of approved Travel Medical Insurances for the Schengen Area
A letter of invitation instead of the form is also acceptable
Applicants need to follow the below given guidelines:
- Photograph of size 35mm x 45 mm.
- Length of the head should not exceed 30 to 36 mm in length from chin to top of hair
- Photograph must be in color with light or White background
- Photograph for each visa applicant must be an un-mounted, full face photo, color photo as described below
- Photograph must have been taken within the last six months
- One photograph needs to be submitted
For further information see the print on the information board at The Denmark Visa Application Centre or visit website http://www.politi.dk/da/borgerservice/pas/pasbilleder/
The Danish mission has 15 days to make a decision on your visa application from the date the mission receives your passport, application and biometrics. In some cases, the processing time can be extended to 45 days when further case processing is needed
Citizens of certain countries or categories of certain citizens are subject to prior consultation in one or more Schengen countries before a visa may be issued. The processing time in these cases will usually be 10-12 days as a minimum.
See list of these nationalities and categories of persons in annex 16 to the Visa code Handbook: Annex 16, English version.
If you wish to track your application status, please subscribe to our SMS service at the time of application submission or check the tracking system on this website 5 days after you have submitted your application. Please do not contact the Visa Application Centre or the Danish Embassy within the 5 days.
Planning ahead and handing in the application as soon as possible is always a good idea since unforeseen problems, such as incomplete documentation, may arise and prolong the case processing time. However, a visa application cannot be accepted if handed in more than 6 months before the intended departure.
Online Application Form
Register your visa application online and book an appointment
Go to Apply Visa and fill in the visa application form online.
It is mandatory to fill the application online and pay the visa fee by credit/debit card on this portal.
To facilitate the processing of your application, we wish to emphasize the importance of data entry accuracy. Once data has been entered, you may proceed to book a time to come to the Denmark Visa application centre. Make sure to bring all required documents.
Make sure you are on time for your appointment; for those showing up late there is no guarantee that the application can be submitted and applicants may need to reschedule their appointment. Kindly, notify the Denmark visa application centre if you are unable to make your appointment.
Appointments can be made for:
Monday to Friday between 8.00 hours to 14.00 hours (except during scheduled holidays)