Every applicant, including children/infants, has to submit his/her Schengen visa application in person and by appointment, which needs to be booked online (see Schedule an Appointment) by the applicant,
For Non EU citizens who are not sure whether a Schengen visa is required to travel to the Schengen Area, please click Do I need a visa? to find out.
Applicant must at least meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to submit a Schengen visa application:
- holding a valid passport/travel document
- holding a valid UK residence permit. In case applicant holds a short stay visa for the UK, a C type visa (see example here), then applicant needs to apply for a Schengen visa from his/her residence country; however applicants may apply at any Danish mission outside their residence country if they have a valid reason for not having applied in their residence country, e.g. no Danish mission or a new urgent situation has arisen during their stay in the UK (e.g. new business trip, death or serious illness of a relative in Denmark/Iceland - please note that written confirmation from the doctor or hospital in Denmark/Iceland is required).
- applying for a short stay visa: Tourist/Visitor Family & Friends/Conference (including Minors), Business or EEA/EU family member
EEA/EU national family member (including Minors):
Applicants intending to travel to Denmark/Iceland as a family member of an EEA/EU national need to check the visa requirements here.
Applicants who haven’t reached the age of 18 years when submitting a Schengen visa application (EEA/EU family member).
Due to European legislation regarding protection of children/minors, it has to be emphasised that Minors, who are not providing all the required documents, may not be granted a Schengen visa.
|Visa Category||Visa fee (in Euro)|
|Standard Schengen Fee||80|
|Children (age between 6-11 years old)||40|
There is an additional service charge of £24.31 (inclusive of VAT) per visa application.
Note: From the 01 July 2019, you must fill in your visa application and pay the visa application fee online using ApplyVisa.um.dk
- The applicable VFS service fee is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change.
- The service fee is inclusive VAT and is non-refundable.
- Visa Application Centre offers an optional service at a nominal additional cost. Please see more detail from Additional Services tab.
The service fee and additional services at The Visa Application Centre are to be paid only in Pound Sterling.
In addition to the documents from the checklist, all applicant have to provide the below:
- A colour copy of their British resident permit.
- If submitting any birth or marriage certificate, kindly provide both a colour copy and the original certificate/s. The original certificate/s will be returned to you once verified.
- Kindly make sure that your application contains sufficient, correct and adequate information. All information must be correct and reflect your planned trip.
- In case any document is missing on submission date, additional documents can be submitted only by applicants themselves at VFS within 5 business days.
- Applicant can be asked for additional documents or may be called for an interview if deemed necessary by the Embassy.
Further information regarding documents required can also be found on the Danish Embassy’s New to Denmark Website.
Size of photograph for visa applications
After the instalment of a new system for scanning biometrics, including photographs for visa application, it is now possible to lodge a photograph of size 35 x 45 mm. Length of the head should not exceed 30 to 36 mm in length from chin to top of hair.
The photograph must still be in color with bright background.
Danish Visa Application Centre has been instructed by Danish mission to inform applicants that the visa application is not acceptable if the photograph does not comply with the above format.
Applicants may therefore obtain a new photograph that meets all requirements before The Danish Visa Application Centre can receive the application.
For further information see the print on the information board at The Danish Visa Application Centre or visit website https://politi.dk/pas/krav-til-pas-og-koerekortfoto
Every applicant can submit his/her Schengen visa application up to 6 months before the intended travel date to the Schengen Area.
The details regarding the processing time of a visa application can be found here.
Online Application Form
Due to limited slots, we recommend you to kindly check the appointment availability at VFS before making any flight and hotel reservations or paying any moneys online.
NEW MANDATORY ONLINE VISA APPLICATION: From the 01 July 2019.
Click here to fill in your visa application form. You must fill in your visa application and pay the application fee online. After you have applied and paid the visa fee online, you must print the cover letter and payment receipt.
How to print the application form?
- Make sure you are using one of the following web browsers Google Chrome, Edge, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
- Clear your browser history and delete all cookies.
- Make sure your browser is not blocking pop-up windows. The pop-up blocker is visible in the top right corner of the screen.
- Make sure you have downloaded Adobe Acrobat on your computer.
- Try to download your cover letter again.
After completing the visa application form and paying visa fee online, you must book an appointment to submit your documents at VFS by clicking here. Make sure to bring along all the required documents and hand in supporting documents at the Visa Application Centre.
Make sure you are on time for your appointment; for those showing up late there is no guarantee that the application can be submitted and applicants may need to reschedule their appointment. Kindly, notify the Denmark visa application centre if you are unable to make your appointment.