Denmark Application Centre in London and Edinburgh, United Kingdom re-opens for Residence and Work Permits and Schengen Visa application.
- Effective 15 June 2020, customers can submit Residence and Work Permit applications at the Denmark Application Centre in London and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- Schengen Visa applications are accepted in London and Edinburgh, United Kingdom starting 1st of July.
- Manchester will be accepting application for Danish Schengen Visa applications starting 15 July 2020.
Please carefully refer to the rules on entry into Denmark due to COVID-19 before starting your application here
- Applicants applying from the open countries can apply for a visa regardless of the purpose of their trip. Tourists applying for a visa from these locations should be made aware that they must document at least six overnight accommodations stating the place of accommodation, the duration of the stay and the names of the persons who have booked the stay (it can be a stay at a hotel, in a rented summerhouse, at a campsite, a private home etc.) Please read more here. The requirement of at least six nights does not apply to the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
Booking confirmation/rental agreement from hotel, campsite or summerhouse rental agency stating the place of accommodation, the duration of the stay and the names of the persons who have booked the stay.
- Proof of a stay in a private home must contain information about the location of the home and contact details of the persons entering Denmark and the person(s) letting or lending the home.
- All applicants for Schengen Visas are also advised to provide Travel Medical Insurance which also covers COVID-19.
Your safety is our priority. As part of precautionary measures, customers visiting our Application Centres are required to wear face mask and gloves.
Customers exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, including cough and difficulty breathing will be allowed to reschedule their application submission for another day and will be advised to seek medical attention.
Please also note that
- Limited number of customers will be allowed inside the Application Centre at a time. A pre booked appointment will be necessary.
- Only the main applicant will be allowed inside the Centre.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
- Due to the current entry restrictions to Denmark, all Danish visa application centres are closed. Applicants who have handed in their visa application prior to 20 March 2020 will have their case processed. For more information
visit the website of the relevant Danish mission.
- As stated in the text of the website of the Embassy, it will still be possible for applicants with an URGENT purpose to apply for a visa directly at the Danish mission (both for Iceland and Denmark).
An urgent purpose covers when travel date is before 31 August 2020, and that the applicant has a worthy purpose (e.g. travellers who are either parents or primary caretakers (e.g. foster parents) of minors residing in Denmark,
visits to critically ill family members, persons who are in the process of a medical treatment in Denmark, persons who are attending a funeral in Denmark, and persons who will be part of a court case in Denmark). To be
granted a visa, the applicant also need to present a flight (or other type of transportation) reservation, which in the current situation could become increasingly difficult.
Increased fees for visa applications
Please note: As of 02 February 2020 the Schengen visa fee per person (Short Stay Visa) will increase from 60 to 80 euros or the equivalent amount in your local currency. For children between 6-12 years
old the visa fee will increase to 40 euros or equivalent
- Due to limited slots, we recommend you to kindly check the appointment availability at VFS before making any flight and hotel reservations or paying any moneys online.
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click here