If you wish to travel to Denmark to participate in a cultural or sport event please follow these instructions.
|SERVICE FEES||AMOUNT IN UGX|
|VFS Service Fee||UGX 41,600|
|Form Filling Fee ( Optional )||UGX 25,000|
Note: From the 01 July 2019, you must fill in your visa application and pay the visa application fee online using ApplyVisa.um.dk
- The applicable VFS service fee is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change.
- The service fee is inclusive VAT and is non-refundable.
- Visa Application Centre offers an optional service at a nominal additional cost. Please see more detail from Additional Services tab.
The service fee and additional services at The Visa Application Centre are to be paid only in Ugandan Shilling.
Please print out this Checklist and prepare the required documents accordingly, also prepare an additional copy of your Passport ID page for Passport Collection.
- Kindly make sure that your application contains sufficient, correct and adequate information. All information must be correct and reflect your planned trip.
- In case any document is missing on submission date, additional documents can be submitted only by applicants themselves at VFS within 5 business days.
- Applicant can be asked for additional documents or may be called for an interview if deemed necessary by the Embassy.
Size of photograph for visa applications
After the instalment of a new system for scanning biometrics, including photographs for visa application, it is now possible to lodge a photograph of size 35 x 45 mm. Length of the head should not exceed 30 to 36 mm in length from chin to top of hair.
The photograph must still be in color with bright background.
Danish Visa Application Centre has been instructed by Danish mission to inform applicants that the visa application is not acceptable if the photograph does not comply with the above format.
Applicants may therefore obtain a new photograph that meets all requirements before The Danish Visa Application Centre can receive the application.
For further information see the print on the information board at The Danish Visa Application Centre or visit website https://politi.dk/pas/krav-til-pas-og-koerekortfoto
According to the common Visa Code signed by the Schengen member states, the processing time for an admissible visa application must not exceed 15 calendar days. This period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days in cases where additional documentation or scrutiny is needed. A visa can have one, two or multiple entries depending if you need to travel outside the Schengen area and back again during your visit. If you apply for two or several entries, this must be justified. For more information on processing time please follow below link
Online Application Form
- Register your visa application online and book an appointment with VFS
"NEW MANDATORY ONLINE VISA APPLICATION: From the 01 July 2019, you must fill in your visa application and pay the application fee online. After you have applied and paid the visa fee online, you must print the cover letter and payment receipt from ApplyVisa ‘’ .
Click here to fill in your visa application form
After completing the visa application form and paying visa fee online, you must book an appointment to submit your documents at VFS by clicking here. Make sure to bring along all the required documents and hand in supporting documents at the Visa Application Centre.
Make sure you are on time for your appointment; for those showing up late there is no guarantee that the application can be submitted and applicants may need to reschedule their appointment. Kindly, notify the Denmark visa application centre if you are unable to make your appointment.