Airport transit visa
Vietnamese citizens are not subject to an airport transit visa requirement.
An airport transit visa allows holders to pass through the international zone of an airport of a Schengen member state without access to the national territory of the Schengen member state.
The list of third countries whose nationals must hold an airport transit visa when passing through the international transit areas of airports situated on the territory of the Member States is set out in Annex 7A of the visa code handbook.
A Member State may individually require nationals from certain third countries to hold an airport transit visa when passing through the international transit areas of airports situated on its the territory, see Annex 7B of the visa code handbook
|Visa fee normal (all types)||80|
|Visa fee reduced (children 6-11)||40|
|No fee (diplomatic passport or service passport holders and Children Below 6)||0|
There is a VFS Service Charge inclusive VAT, be collected mandatorily for per application:
- HCMC – 293,000 VND service fee
- Hanoi – 293,000 VND service fee
For applicants’ convenience, VFS provides additional services to support applicants in the process of their visa application with VFS. Please “click here”
VFS Global service charges and other additional fees are to be paid by cash or credit/debit card and paid only in VND at VFS center.
All fees are non-refundable.
- From the 01 July 2019, all applicants who require short term visas to Denmark must fill in their visa application and pay the visa fee online using ApplyVisa.um.dk. After you have applied and paid the visa fee online, you must print and sign the cover letter from ApplyVisa and hand in supporting documents and supply biometrics at The Denmark Visa Application Centre.
Important Noted: All documents must be in one-side A4 paper and NO staples, pins
- Complete the online Schengen visa application form, pay the visa fee by credit/debit card via https://Applyvisa.um.dk. After making the payment on Applyvisa the applicant will receive a cover letter to their email, who is to be printed, signed and handed in to VFS together with the rest of the application documents. It is strongly recommended to complete the form using the online portal instead of the paper format.
- One copy of passport or official travel document. The passport must be issued within the last 10 years with a validity that exceeds the end of your intended stay by at least three months. The passport must have at least 2 blank pages to affix the visa. Copy of previous visas (Schengen, US, UK, Canada, or Australia) is also requested to submit.
- One accurate & recent passport photo. The size must be 35x45mm, and the size of the head from top to chin between 30-36mm. Photos that don't comply with these criteria will be refused.
- Documents in relation to the onward journey to the final destination after the intended airport transit.
- Information enabling an assessment of the applicant’s intention not to enter the territory of the Member States.
Travel medical insurance covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgency medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during your stay (minimum coverage EUR 30 000).
If the applicant is a minor accompanying parents:
- If the minor travels with parent only, written consent of the other parent or guardian, except in cases of a parent having the care or custody alone*.
- Birth certificate of the applicant*.
- Copies of the ID cards of the parents*.
Note: Official documents marked with * must be recent (maximum 3 months old) and legalized by the competent local authority and must be translated (translation legalized) in an office language of the Embassy or Consulate where the application is lodged or in another language accepted by the Embassy or Consulate.
NEW RULE FOR SIZE OF PHOTOGRAPH FOR VISA APPLICATIONS
After the Embassy has installed a new system for scanning biometrics, including photographs for visa applications, it is now only possible to lodge a photograph of size 35 x 45 mm. Length of the head should not exceed 30 to 36 mm in length from chin to top of hair.
The photograph must still be in color with bright background.
Danish Visa Application Centre has been instructed by The Royal Danish Embassy to inform applicants that the visa application is not acceptable if the photograph does not comply with the above format.
Applicants may therefore obtain a new photograph that meets all requirements before The Danish Visa Application Centre can receive the application.
For further information see the print on the information board at The Danish Visa Application Centre or visit website http://www.politi.dk/da/borgerservice/pas/pasbilleder/
Applications shall be decided on within 15 calendar days of the date of the receiving of an (admissible) application at the Danish embassy. That period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days e.g. if the application is submitted to the Danish immigration service. Exceptionally, when additional documentation is needed in specific cases, the period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 days. - Visa Code Art. 23
Citizens of certain countries or categories of certain citizens are subject to prior consultation in one or more Schengen countries before a visa may be issued. The processing time in these cases will usually be 10-12 days as a minimum.
See list of these nationalities and categories of persons in annex 16 to the Visa code Handbook: Annex 16, English version.
Visa application Form
Online Visa Application Form. Please click here.
Instructions to complete an Online Form. Please click here.
- From 1st of June 2019 applicants, who has made an appointment with VFS to submit their visa application to Denmark, Lithuania or Iceland should fill in the application form and pay the visa fee by credit/debit card via Applyvisa.um.dk. After making the payment on Applyvisa the applicant will receive a cover letter to their email, who is to be printed, signed and handed in to VFS together with the rest of the application documents.
- Applyvisa.um.dk will, according to the plan, have completely replaced the current manual hard copy application forms and the current Visa Self Service portal (visaselfservice.um.dk) by 1st of July 2019.
- The visaselfservice website, and the manual application forms, will in some cases still be accepted for a transition period between 1st of June and 1st of July 2019 after which, the Visaselfservice will be disabled and the manual application forms no longer accepted. Applicants is then required to solely use Applyvisa.um.dk to complete the visa form and pay the visa fee online though Applyvisa.um.dk.