News And Notices
21 March 2020
To the kind attention of our France visa customers in Jamaica:
Owing to the ongoing global COVID-19 developments, our France Visa Application Centre in Jamaica will not be accepting via applications for processing until further notice.
Those who have already submitted their applications are invited to check the status of their application using the tracking tool on the VFS website, or to contact the VFS call center. VFS will contact an applicant whose passport is ready for collection.
For further updates, we kindly request our customers to continuously visit our website (www.vfsglobal.com) or the Embassy Consulate website. We appreciate your understanding.
31 January 2020
Increased fees for visa applications
Please note: As of 02 February 2020 the Schengen visa fee per person (Short Stay Visa) will increase from 60 to 80 euros. For children between 6-12 years old the visa fee will increase from 35 to 40 euros.
28 January 2020
Public and Holiday 2020 read here
How to apply for a French visa?
- Visit the French Official website: France-Visas (link to https://france-visas.gouv.fr/)
- Check whether you need a visa
- Start your visa application on line by filling a questionnaire
- Answer the questionnaire, validate your visa application form and save
- Next page will inform you on how to schedule an appointment
- Create a VFS account with your details (name, surname, email address, phone number)
- Choose a password: your password must contain between 8 and 15 characters with at least an upper letter, a lower letter, a digit and one of the following special characters : $ @ # ! % * ? & (no other character is allowed).
- The next screen will display a list of options: select “Schedule appointment” and follow the instruction;
- Payment on line of the service fees is required to confirm your appointment
- If you require an assistance: click on the ? symbol (top right corner for online help)
- Return to France-Visas website to confirm that you have an appointment scheduled
- Save and continue
- A confirmation email is sent to you
- A screen is displayed which allows you to download and print your visa application form and a “receipt of visa application” which includes a checklist of the supporting documents required by the French consular authorities
- Your passport
- The appointment confirmation letter
- Proof that you have paid the service fees
- Your visa application form fully filled and signed, downloaded from the France-Visas website
- The “receipt of visa application” which includes a checklist of the supporting documents required by the French consular authorities, downloaded from the France-Visas website
- The required supporting documents
- The visa fees
- Processing time: visit “France-Visas” website
- Tracking to know the status of your application: visit “France-Visas” website to get the link to VFS tracking system
- Passport collection: visit “France-Visas” website to know how you can collect your passport after your visa application has been examined by the French consular authority
- A photocopy service is available to complete your visa application:
- JMD 50 per page
- Get your visa documents delivered to your doorstep
- To facilitate applicants, the VFS Global Visa Application Centre has contracted with DHL in JAMAICA where your passport/documents can be returned through a courier service.
- With an excellent track record, DHL is able to deliver packages in almost every part of JAMAICA at your doorsteps – saving applicants lot of time and money
- US $ 9.00 per application
+1 212 784 6157 and
+1 347 252 3055