News and Notices
08 October 2019
The VFS visa application centre is due to open on the 14 November 2019
How to submit a visa application?
If you are traveling to FRANCE and stay there for any period (short stay or long stay), you are kindly invited to follow the FRANCE-VISAS process:
Before you start applying for a visa:
- visit the official website FRANCE-VISAS
- select the language of your choice
- click on “1. Do I need a visa?” and answer the questions
- FRANCE-VISAS will indicate whether you need a visa
- if you do, an indicative list of required supporting and the amount of visa fees will be displayed
Additional information is available under “General information” (including visa application guidelines), “Coming to France for…”, “Your arrival in France” and “FAQ”. It is recommended that you read this information before you start applying.
You are kindly invited to check under “3. Submit your application”; select the relevant country; select “Particular situations” whether the process you have to follow is specific due to your personal situation.
- if you need a visa: create an account on France-Visast
- select “2. Start your visa application” and fill in your visa application on-line (your visa application form will be automatically filled in and available for downloading and printing);;
- check the indicative amount of the visa fees (the amount in local currency may vary according to the consular exchange rate)
At the end of the visa form filling process, you will be invited to validate the visa application and then book an appointment on VFS appointment module:
- the page indicating how to book an appointment will be displayed;
- click on the link to VFS appointment booking module
- Select a Visa Application Centre and make an appointment: if you need any help, click on the question mark for more information
- If you are part of a family or group, you’ll have to book individual appointments for each member of the family or group.
- Once you’ve booked your appointment(s), you’ll receive an appointment confirmation email along with the letter of appointment.
After you have scheduled an appointment, you are invited to go back to FRANCE-VISAS website to finalize your registration.
- a registration receipt with a checklist of required supporting documents will be displayed: save it and print it;
- your visa application form will be available for printing: save it and print it
- An indicative amount of the visa fees is mentioned on the Registration receipt
- you will have to pay the service fees, in addition of the visa fees, at the Visa Application Centre, at the time of your appointment.
- Attend your scheduled appointment.
- You’ll have to submit your complete visa application form at a Visa Application Centre in person, unless instructed otherwise.
You have to bring:
- the appointment letter that you have received attached to your email (you will not be admitted in the visa application centre without it)
- The visa application form (printed after registering on FRANCE-VISAS)
- The registration receipt (printed after registering on FRANCE-VISAS)
- A complete visa application with the required documents (as mentioned on the France-Visas registration receipt).
- Stay informed about the progress of your application
- You will receive an email update and an SMS when your passport has been returned to the Visa Application Centre.
- You can also track your visa application status online from the France-Visas website (under “4. Track your application”):
- Use the Reference Number present on the invoice/receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre along with your last name to access this service.
- Receive your passport from the Visa Application Centre
- After a visa application decision has been made, you can pick up your documents from the Visa Application Centre or have your documents returned to you by courier for an additional fee.
- For some Visa Application Centres, your documents will only be returned via courier.
- Please check with the Visa Application Centre at time of your appointment for the options available to collect your documents.
- You can get your documents photocopied in the centre.
- PGK 3 per page
- Applicants may request printing documents related to their visa application.
- This service is available within the centre.
- Please speak to the Submission Officer or info officer at the Visa Application Centre for more details.
- PGK 6 per page
Photo Booth Facility
- Have your photo taken as per the specific requirement of the French regulations.
- PGK 24
Photo Booth Facility
- Get the passports delivered at your doorstep
- PGK 25 (delivery in PNG)