Visa Fees at a Glance
VFS is collecting three types of application fees:
- Visa fees, which are collected on behalf of the consular authority for the application processing.
- Application Service fees, which correspond to the standard application processing service provided by VFS.
- Value Added Service fees, which correspond to optional added value services you have used during the application process.
Attention: The payment of the above fees does not guarantee that a visa will be granted. The visa fee and the service fee are both non-refundable and non-transferable after the application is transferred to the consular authority, the visa application is denied by the administration or the applicant decides to terminate his or her application.
|Children between 6 and 12 Years of age||35||105000|
|Children under 6 years of age||0||0|
* The fee is fixed in Euro but payable in Mongolian Tugrug (MNT) only.
The exchange rate between EUR and MNT is decided by the German Embassy and updated periodically, therefore the MNT amount you are requested to pay may differ from those quoted above.
Please note that the visa fee receipt is provided by the German Embassy and the fee is indicated in EUR and MNT.
Visa Fee of 35 EUR is stipulated by a visa facilitation agreement with the EU for citizens of: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia Herzegovina, Georgia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine*.
Visa fee exemptions
The visa fee shall be waived for applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
- School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training, if part of the local curriculum (respective proof has to be provided)
- Researchers travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research
- Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations
- Exhibitors at German trade fairs holding an official exhibitor badge (original exhibitor badge has to be presented when lodging the application)
The visa fees shall be waived for applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
- Spouse and underage children of German citizens
- Parents of underage German citizens
- Family members of EU/EER nationals, if the nationals enjoy free movement
- Persons officially invited by a German public institution and travel and accommodation expenses are covered by German public funds
Application service fee
The service fee, mandatory for all visa applications is 19.6 EUR, 59000 MNT per application inclusive of taxes. This fee corresponds to the standard application processing service provided by VFS (i.e. Information provision, appointment booking, visa application reception, data processing, etc.).
Added Value Service fees
For more information, please check the Value Added Service page.