Schengen visas have to be obtained from the Embassy of the country where the main purpose of travel is. Therefore, please check your travel plans before lodging your visa application at the German Embassy. In case of travel to multiple Schengen countries, please lodge your application at the Embassy where you will be staying the longest, OR the first point of entry if traveling with equal number of days.
This visa is solely for the purpose of leisure travel including vacationing, cruising, sightseeing and other recreational activities. If during any portion of their visit to the applicant intends to engage in business, or official duties he/she must refer to other relevant visa categories.
With effect from 07 August 2020, the visa fees are as follow: Visa Fee may vary depending on the current exchange rate.
|Charge Type||Amount in Php||Remarks|
|Visa fees for short stay 12 years old and above ( 80 Euro)||4670 PHP||For each application|
|Children between 6-12 years ( 40 Euro)||2340 PHP||For each application|
|Children Under 6 years old||Free of Charge||-|
|Spouse of German or EU National||Free of Charge||-|
|Service Fee||960 PHP||For each application|
A service charge of Php 960 is levied per applicant by VFS on the top of the Visa Fee. All fees are payable in cash.
An official receipt should be obtained for all payments made. Applicants may opt for a courier-assisted facility whereby your passport and other documents will be returned via courier. This facility is available at an extra cost.
Please note that the visa fees are indicated above. No other amount will be requested for the visa issuance or for urgent processing
Terms and Conditions:
Kindly be informed that logistic fee and other additional service fees are not refundable once the payment has been made.
All of the required documentation listed below is mandatory for all applicants, including such cases where flights, accommodation, insurance and other items may be arranged by applicant’s employer, travel companies or any other companies or individuals.
We therefore strongly advise that applicants provide the documents as listed below, and should not provide documents based on any other source. If documents provided are not as per the requirements below, this may lead to delays at the application centre, and in some cases applicants may be required to take new appointments to resubmit their application.
- NOTE THAT THE PASSPORT SIZED PHOTO TO BE SUBMITTED HAS NOT BEEN USED IN PREVIOUS VISAS AND SHOULD NOT BE OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS.
- Application Form, Checklist and required documents should be in A4 size bond paper.
Tourist Visa Checklist
|Click here to download document checklist for Tourist visa|
|Click here to download the list of accredited Travel Health Insurances in the Philippines|
Click here to view a sample biometric photo
- The photograph must be in colour.
- It should have a white background.
- It should have a close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph.
- It should be in sharp focus and clean.
- It should be of high quality with no ink marks and creases.
- The photograph must show you looking directly at the camera.
- It should be 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm.
- It should show your skin tone naturally.
- It should have appropriate brightness and contrast.
- The photograph should be a recent one not more than 6 months old.
- It is to be taken without headgear.
- The applicant's hair tucked behind his/her ears.
- The photograph should not have any staple marks.
- Scanned & colour photocopies would NOT be accepted.
- Photograph must be new and should not have been used in previous visas.
Information for visa applicants
Only one photograph should be attached to the application, the other should be kept in the passport. Neither should have any staple pin marks disfiguring the face or background.
Estimated processing time is 2 weeks , so applicants are advised to leave enough time - between the appointment date and travel date - for the Mission to process their visa application; no guarantees can be given on the visa application’s return date as delays may occur.
Please be advised that due to the above-mentioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
Please be sure to submit your visa application well in advance, to avoid any inconveniences
Every applicant can submit his/her Schengen visa application up to 3 months before the intended travel date to the Schengen Area.
In order to avoid any delays in the visa application process, it is paramount that the visa application is complete and its documents submitted are as per the Mission’s requirements (see Documents Required for the different visa categories).
Furthermore applicants need to consider that VFS/Mission’s closures and holidays (see Public Holidays/Closures) may extend the visa application processing time.
Therefore, VFS recommends all applicants:
- to book their appointment as soon as they know they’ll be travelling
- to ensure that their visa application’s documentation meets the Mission’s requirements
- to leave enough processing time for the Mission
The Mission may always request for additional information/documents or invite applicants for an interview during the visa application process and this may cause delays in the visa process, which applicants accept responsibility for.
For Germany every applicant needs to provide a signed printout from a Schengen visa application form (VAF).
Therefore, each applicant first needs to duly complete the online visa application form as follows:
- Click online Visa Application form
- Complete all mandatory fields (marked with * and as per the passport’s details)
- Print completed online visa application form with barcode
- Click here to download guide on how to use VIDEX online tool
- Once the completed Schengen visa application form has been printed, then applicant needs to finish the remaining steps:
- Please note that VIDEX form must be printed from PDF File and choosing the print setting under actual size. For further help refer to Print Dialog Settings file.
Important reminders when completing your VIDEX online application form:
- Surname at Birth should be your Middle Name. For example, applicant’s full name is Juan Cruz Santos, kindly enter Cruz as your Surname at Birth
- Passport details: Issuing government should be the country where it was issuedi.e. Philippines whereas Issued by should only indicate the information about the issuing authority i.e. DFA and Issued in should be the city where it was issued i.e. NCR, Tuguegarao.
- Please also provide your email address and telephone number on the part of the VIDEX form asking for applicant’s address
- Reference person and address – please ensure that the address on field No 31.A/31. B/31.C must be name of inviting person or Hotel, email address, contact number and address must be in Germany and no other country
- 32. A/32. B/32.C – Please also provide the name of the organization/company, address, contact number and email address of the inviting person / organizationcompany in Germany.
- Date of Birth – please use the German standard (Day, month, year)
- Purpose: always tick number 12 (Transit)
- Postal code – please omit “D” in the postal code, only digits must remain
- City (under reference) – please omit “Deutschland”, only the name of the city