Attestation of Documents for Making Application for Allotment of Permanent Account Number (PAN) in respect of UK Based Companies or Individuals
The application for allotment of PAN can be made online either through the portal of National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) (https://www.tin-nsdl.com ) or portal of UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTIITSL) (http://www.utiitsl.co.in/ ). For detailed procedure, guidelines, required documents and form (s) etc. for PAN allotment, please refer to portals of NSDL/UTIITSL.
Supporting documents in this connection like Bank Statement/certificate of incorporation of the company etc. are attested only if the company in question is incorporated in the UK. Similarly, supporting documents in respect of PAN application by an individual are attested only if the individual is based in the UK.
The fee in the table is inclusive of the £2 Consular Surcharge.
|S No.||Service Rendered||Fee in GBP||Service Charge in GBP||Total In GBP|
|1||Attestation of signature/photograph/Indian passport||£11.00||£7.44||£18.44|
|2||Attestation of Bank Statement/ Driving Licence etc.,||£19.00||£7.44||£26.44|
Please Note: The fee is for each signature and stamp of the Consular Officer. If there is more than one document that needs to be attested, fee should be paid accordingly. Fees once tendered are non–refundable.Payment Instructions:
Preferred mode of payment
- At the application centre by Debit Card (we do not accept credit cards),
- At the application centre in Cash
Other Payment modes
Fees can be paid by Banker’s Draft /Postal Order, in favour of ‘’VF Services UK Ltd’’
- Miscellaneous Application Form dully filled in and signed by the applicant/representative of the company.
- A request letter for the service on Company Letter Head with the seal of the company stamped on the Company Letter Head. The request letter should be duly signed by one of the Directors of the Company and should be accompanied by a copy of the incorporation certificate in respect of the company duly notarised & legalized from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- The document (s) to be attested in original along with a self-attested photocopy set of the original document (s). All commercial/company documents issued in UK that requires attestation should be duly notarised & legalized from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, individually.
- The commercial/company documents should be submitted along with the valid original passport and self-attested copies of the passport pages containing personal particulars of one of the Directors of the Company. If due to any reason, the original passport cannot be submitted, duly notarized copies of the passport pages containing personal particulars of one of the Directors of the Company should be submitted.
- Miscellaneous Application Form dully filled in and signed by the applicant.
- The document (s) to be attested in original along with a self-attested photocopy set of the original document (s). Documents issued in UK that require attestation should be duly notarised & legalized* from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Document that need to be attested need to be individually apostilled.
- In case of Indian Passport Holders: Valid passport in original and self-attested copies of first two and last two pages of the passport and the page (s) containing passport officer's observation (s) (if any).
- In case of Other Passport Holders: Valid passport in original and self-attested copies of the passport pages containing personal particulars of the passport holder.
- Proof of Residence: Any of the following self-attested documents viz. copy of utility bill (landline telephone bill/electricity bill/gas bill/water bill) or Driving License or lease deed (of residence) etc. where the applicant’s UK address is clearly mentioned, should be provided.
- Visa Status: Self-attested copy of passport page/UK Residence Permit Card showing the visa status (where applicable) should be enclosed.
- Note: All documents issued by an Indian government authority, the original document (s) (duly attested by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India or by any of the MEA’s authorized Branch Secretariats in India) to be counter attested along with a self-attested photocopy set of the original document (s).
- All documents issued by a foreign government or organisation (Non – Indian) need to be legalised and notarised* by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Document that need to be attested need to be individually apostilled.
- *Process of Legalization & Notarization is also called Apostille- on the apostille stamp the field number 3 - ‘Acting in the capacity of’ – should mention ‘Notary’ any other designation will not be accepted.
Processing Time: Minimum, 3 to 5 working days (excluding the date of submission of application and date of dispatch of original and processed documents) subject to the application being complete in all respects.
- Original documents provided will have to be submitted along with the photocopies, the same shall be returned to the applicants once the process is over.
- The above are mandatory requirements. The applicant may be advised to submit some more documents, after scrutiny of the application and documents by the High Commission of India or its respective Consulates, on case to case basis.
Collection of processed documents
Documents once approved & ready will be delivered by Post/Courier only. Applicants are required to provide one Self – addressed; Recorded & Tracked Special Delivery envelope (Silver Royal Mail Envelopes) to return the Passport and other documents, alternately applicants can use the courier service offered at the centre.