This visa allows people to visit Japan for a holiday or recreation for a stay up to 90 days.
You must pay the applicable Visa fee and Service charge when submitting your application. The Visa fees are determined based on your Nationality and Type of Entry to Japan. Please refer to the table given below to know your visa fees.
Visa Fees (Effective 01 April 2019):
|Nationality||Single Entry||Multiple Entry||Transit|
|Indian||INR 550||INR 550||INR 50|
|INR 1,900||INR 3,850||INR 450|
- Visa Fee is refunded only if the visa is not approved by the Consulate.
- There is a service charge of INR 650 (inclusive of all taxes) levied per application over and above the visa fees effective 01 April 2019.
- Service charge will be levied on applicants exempted from paying visa fees.
- Applicants submitting their application at Japan centre in Bengaluru may opt to receive their passport by courier to an office / residence address. This optional courier return service can be availed at a nominal additional cost of INR 300 (inclusive of taxes) per application.
- All charges (Visa Fee, Service charges and other optional charges) are to be paid in cash only in INR in Bengaluru
Photocopy service - INR 2.00 per page
Photo booth service – INR 150 per applicant
|Japan Visa documentation process|
|Application Procedures for Multiple Visa for Nationals of India|
Note: Kindly arrange the documents in the same order as outlined in Document Checklist.
Important-Please note all photocopies should be on A4 size only
Please submit one photograph along with your visa application. The photograph must be:
- Not more than 6 months old
- 2 X 2 inch
- Colored, with plain white background
- Taken looking straight forward and face seen clearly
- On a good quality paper
The timelines given by The Consulate General of Japan, Bengaluru for the processing of each application is minimum 06 working days from the day it is submitted at The Consulate General of Japan
Please Note: -
Please note that this is an indicative processing time only. Processing time may increase or decrease at the discretion of the Consulate General of Japan, Bengaluru.
VFS Global is involved only in non-judgmental task of visa processing and does not play any role in processing the visa application as this is entirely the prerogative of the Consulate General of Japan, Bengaluru.
Please submit one completed and signed Visa Application form along with your application
|Visa application form|