Who can apply for a Schengen visa to Lithuania at the Consulate of Lithuania in Chicago
In order to apply for a short stay Schengen to Lithuania applicants must be legal residents of one of the following States in USA:
Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Who can apply for a Schengen visa to Portugal in Chicago
In order to apply for short term Schengen visas to Portugal applicant must be legal residents of Illinois. Residents of other states please consult with the Embassy of Portugal in Washington DC.
Who can apply for a Schengen visa to Switzerland in Chicago
In order to apply for a Tourism, Business and Visit short stay Schengen visa to Switzerland applicants must be legal residents of one of the following States in USA: Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Iowa (IA), Kansas (KS), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Missouri (MO), Nebraska (NE), North Dakota (ND), Ohio (OH), South Dakota (SD) and Wisconsin (WI).
Lithuanian Consulate in Chicago is not competent to handle applications for:
- short stay business visas to Switzerland linked to a gainful activity;
- short stay Schengen visas to Switzerland for medical purposes;
- short stay Schengen visas to Switzerland for the official purposes, including attendance of international conferences;
- Short stay Schengen visas lodged by citizens of certain countries. List is transmitted by the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania;
- short stay visa with limited territorial validity (LTV) (except when linked to Art. 25 (3) of the Visa Code);
- Short stay visa filled by holders of diplomatic, service or special passports who are not citizens of USA.
- United States of America
- State of Eritrea
- the Republic of Iraq
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Federal Republic of Somalia
- visa for which an authorization has been given directly in Switzerland
- stays over 90 days (visa type D)
- gainful activity (including chauffeurs and journalists)
- medical purposes
- official purpose, including attendance at international conferences
- visa with limited territorial validity (except when linked to art. 25 (3) of the Visa Code)”
Please be informed that for work visa you need to apply directly via Switzerland authorities.