Short Stay- Schengen Visa Type C
What is a Schengen visa
Schengen visa is the document issued by the appropriate authorities to the interested party for visiting/travelling in and within the Schengen Area. Schengen visa holder may enter and remain within the Schengen Area without residence permit for up to 90 days over any 180-day period.
To know more about Visa Requirements, click here .
The Schengen area is composed of 26 states:
- 22 EU (European Union) member states: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden;
4 non-EU states: Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
Schengen area does not cover the United Kingdom, Ireland and countries such as Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, and Cyprus.
Lithuania joined Schengen agreement on 21st December 2007. All the short stay visas issued by Lithuanian Consulate in Chicago are Schengen visas.
The Schengen visa and entry regulations are only applicable for a short stay not exceeding 90 days. Rules for a long stay exceeding 90 days are laid down by the National Law of the Member States concerned.
|NOTE:||The Consulate of the Republic of Lithuania in Chicago is competent for examining applications and issuing Schengen visas on behalf of Switzerland, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein and Portugal.|
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in USD|
|Schengen Visa Fee||$88|
|VFS Service Fee||$17.53|
- For citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldavia, Russia and Ukraine, the non-refundable application fee is $39. Holders of biometric passports from Serbia and Montenegro do not need a visa.
- The applicable visa fee in USD ($) is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice. The fee is non-refundable.
- Payment can be made via credit/debit card at the Schengen Visa Application Center. Personal Checks or cash are not accepted at the VFS Center.
All fees are non-refundable
- All visa applicants must know that each visa application must include the original of each document and their photocopies, as listed on the website
- All visa applications presented will be carefully examined by our visa officer. However, we wish to draw you attention that if you do not submit all the requested documents (originals with their photocopies) the visa will be denied. No exemption will be made. For that reason we do advise you to prepare your visa application package very carefully in order to avoid any delays.
An alien applying for a Schengen visa shall submit:
- a completed and signed application form;
- A valid travel document. Its validity shall extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen Member States or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen Member States. A travel document shall contain at least two blank pages and it shall have been issued within the previous ten years
- a color photo corresponding to the age of an applicant ;
- a visa fee;
- documents indicating the purpose of the journey;
- documents in relation to accommodation, or proof of sufficient means to cover his accommodation;
- documents indicating that the applicant possesses sufficient means of subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to his country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which he is certain to be admitted, or that he is in a position to acquire such means lawfully, in accordance with Article5(1)(c) and (3) of the Schengen Borders Code;
- information enabling an assessment of the applicant's intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa applied for;
- a document, proving the possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance during the stay(s) on the territory of the Member States with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000. When applying for a multiple entries visa, a document proving the possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance covering the period of the first intended visit shall be submitted. In addition, an applicant shall sign the statement, set out in the application form, declaring that he/she is aware of the need to be in possession of travel medical insurance for subsequent stays.
Lists of supporting documents
Please provide two (2) recent (not older than 6 months) color photograph of yourself, meeting the following requirements:
- Taken against a plain light (white or off-white) background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background
- Clear quality and with the face in focus
- Full face: non-smiling, no sunglasses, no hat/cap or any head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of his/her religious belief or ethnic background
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print)
Photograph attached (glued) to the Visa Application Form
If the photographs presented do not meet these requirements, then the visa application will be considered incomplete and applicant will be asked to take new photographs in the photo booth in the visa application center.
|NOTE:||Visas cannot be issued on the same day. Expedited visa processing is not applicable.|
The decision on the issue of visa shall be made within 15 to 30 days, in specific cases up to 60 calendar days. In cases of countries with a visa facilitation agreement with the EU this time period is 10 days.