We encourage applicant to enrol for their NIN as per the procedure explained below for speedy
progress of their applications.
National Identification Number Enrolment Center Locations:
Fill up the pre-enrolment form online, download and print Pre Enrolment Slip
- Fill the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form by visiting Pre Enrolment Portal
- All the mandatory fields need to be completely filled with correct information.
- Download and print your Pre Enrolment Slip (Preview)
Submit Your Application
- Walk into the nearest NIMC Registration Centre with any one of the following Original and Valid
- At Enrolment Center you will be directed to a counter where our Enrolment Officer will verify the
presence and compliance of all details of your application.
- If your application is in order, Enrolment officer will guide you to proceed with the capture of
biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) and you will collect the Transaction ID Slip as an
evidence of the transaction.
- Applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the
form filling for him/her.
- Minor applicants should be accompanied by parents / guardians can do the form filling for them.
- Minor applicants should only bring original and valid birth certificate and NIN slip of one of the
Nigerian Parent / Guardian.
- The normal time frame for issuance of National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is 2 to 3 working
days from the time the biometric details are captured at enrolment centers.
- The issuance of NIN may take longer in certain cases due to validation of details at NIMC. VFS has
no role to play to expedite for such cases.
- The Transaction ID Slip is required to be stored carefully by applicant as it is required to be
presented at the time of collection of NIN Slip indicating completion of enrolment