- In general an application, once accepted by the V.A.C., takes AT LEAST 15 calendar days. In some cases the processing time may take longer.
- Please be advised that due to the aforementioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel. If you submit a late application it is on your own risk.
- You will not be able to get a status update via VFS or via the Embassy if you enquire for the status of your application within this processing time of 15 working days.
- Omission: in case your application is incomplete or additional information is necessary to take a decision on your visa application, you may be asked to submit additional documents and/ or you may be invited for an (additional) interview at the embassy In this case the processing time takes generally 3 extra working days from the moment the additional documents are submitted and/or the additional interview has been completed. Please note that the Embassy and VFS do not accept additional documents via email or fax. Additional information has to be send to VFS who will submit the documents to the Embassy. Maximum omission time is 30 days.
- Consultation: for some nationalities other Schengen countries need to be consulted before issuing visa. This consultation process may take up to two weeks which means that the total processing time adds up to at least four weeks.for a full list of countries, please click here:
- Forwarding visa applications to national services (Ministry of Foreign Affairs/ Immigration and Naturalization Service): if applications have to be forwarded to The Netherlands for further enquiry, the processing time may even take up to 2 months.
- Please make sure your (mobile) phone number is clearly mentioned on the application form in case we need to contact you for further information.
- Due to national legislation the Embassy is not allowed to provide information about visa applications without written permission from the applicant. Information requests about visa applications by email, fax or telephone will not be considered.
- You can track your application using the reference number on your receipt, which is issued to you on the day of your appointment. If you have opted for the SMS service you will be notified via SMS and email regarding the status of your application. The final SMS you will receive will inform you when the application is ready for collection in the Visa Application Centre.
- To check the status of your application, please click Here
- If your application is still under process 15 days after submission, you can contact us by telephone (0802008585 / +212537739575) between 09.00 – 17.00 hours on working days by the applicant him/herself. Your personal details and passport number will be asked.
Passport Collection -
Please ensure you bring your receipt with you, along with the original ID card.
Applicants unable to collect in person may authorize another person to collect the passport on their behalf. The authorized person will need to bring ID card photocopy with the stapled receipt, an authorization letter signed / Legalized by the applicant, and proof of Identity with photo.
Example of an authorisation letter
When the passport is handed back to the applicant or the authorised person, the passport photocopy with the receipt will be stamped for collection and the authorisation letter, if any, will remain with VFS.
At the end of the passport collection process VFS requests that every collecting person signs off the Register of Passport collection.
Upon collection of passports, applicants are advised to check that the visa granted meets with their travel schedule.
If you have opted for the Courier Service, your passport will be dispatched to the closest visa application center to your home address. You will be notified by an SMS.