An airport transit visa (type A) is for transiting through the international transit areas of airports in the Schengen Area, but not for entering the territory of a Schengen state.
With an airport transit visa, you can change flights in the Netherlands, but you cannot leave the airport.
Whether you require a Schengen airport transit visa depends on your nationality: Click here
Holders of a travel document for Palestinian stateless/refugees which has been issued by Egypt, Lebanon or Syria need an airport transit visa ((A 1951 Convention travel document/ A 1954 Convention travel document).
Holders of a travel document issued by the Palestinian Authority (PA) do not require an airport transit visa.
Holders of a Cuban national travelling outside the Schengen area via the Netherlands require transit visa(not applicable for Diplomatic,Service and Official passport holders: Click here
Attention: Kindly note that should your transit route through Schengen consist of more than two stops you need a Schengen visa (type C visa), even if you do not leave the airport. Example: Flight from Dubai – Paris -Frankfurt – Chicago.
Travelers, even though they have a visa required nationality, are exempt from having an airport transit visa for transit if they:
- Hold a valid visa or residence permit issued by a Schengen state.
- Hold a visa valid for a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area, Canada, Japan or the United States.
- Hold a valid residence permit issued by a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
- Hold a residence permit issued by the Principality of Andorra, Canada, Japan, the Republic of San Marino, or the United States, that guarantees unrestricted right of return.
- Are a family member of a citizen of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
- Hold a diplomatic passport.
- Are on-duty aircrew and a national of a country that is a party to the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation.
|CHARGE TYPE||AMOUNT IN EUROS||AMOUNT IN QAR||REMARKS|
|Visa Fees (Short Stay)||80||343||For each application|
|Carribean Visa||80||343||For each application|
|Children below 6-11 years||40||171||For each application|
|Carribean Visa (Children below 6-11 years||40||171||For each application|
|Children Below 0-6 years||0||0||Free Of Charge|
|Visa –Low rate-:Visa facilitation for citizens of Armenia.Azerbaijan,Kosovo, Ukraine and Russia.||35||150||For each application|
|MVV Visa (Machtiging Voorlopig Verblijf) different fees depending on type of mvv)||120||515||For each application|
|Covid-19 Measure Fee||2||9||For each application|
- The applicable visa fee in QAR is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice due to sudden foreign exchange fluctuations.
- All payments will be collected in local currency (cash only) as per the local exchange rate.
- Applicant shall be levied a service charge of QAR 80 per application over and above visa fees .
- Please note: Covid -19 Measure Fee is a non-refundable Fee.
Instructions for applicants below 18 years
For minors (under the age of 18), application form must be signed by both parents/legal guardians. Copies of both parents’ passports are required with a consent letter. The consent letter you can download under the tab download forms: Minors Consent Form.
|Checklist visa Transit|
As a part of biometric data collection, your digital photograph will be taken with full face visible and without sunglasses or tinted spectacles or head covering, unless worn for religious or medical reasons. Your face should be clearly visible with no hair across the eyes.
Your photograph must be taken according to the ICCAO standard. See the Photomatrix Guidelines 2020 (originally meant for the photograph you had to bring) for examples of what is accepted and what is not.
The processing time for a Schengen visa is a minimum of 15 working days approximately.. Given the current peak-season it could be much to our regret, that the processing time will be exceeded by several days. The embassy is not in a position to update on the visa application status, this can only be done through the tracking application number you received when you applied. Please be advised that due to the above mentioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
Please note that your passport will be kept during the visa application process.
Please be sure to submit your visa application well in advance, to avoid any inconveniences.
Applicants are advised to leave enough time between the appointment date and travel date to have their visa application processed. No guarantees can be given on the visa application’s return date as delays may occur.
To Fill Application Form Click Here
Complete the online Schengen visa application form, print it out and take it to your appointment. It is strongly recommended to complete the form using the online portal instead of the paper format.
The portal will guide you through the application questions and will make sure you do not forget to enter any necessary values