top button

Residence Permit For Norway


Check what type of residence permit you need, for example: a residence permit to work, study, family immigration or to be au pair. You will find information on the different types of residence permits, requirements and procedures on the UDI website.

To apply for a residence visa for Norway, you must be an Argentinian citizen or have a residence visa in Argentina. You must have lived in Argentina for more than 6 months to apply for a residence visa for Norway.

Visa Fees

Before you show up to deliver the passport and its documentation, you must register the application in the Application Portal. If it is the first time you place an order, you must do the user registration.

Register the order in Søknadsportalen (order portal)

You will receive a confirmation via e-mail when the portal registration is done. A letter will be attached to the email. This letter confirms that you filled out the application form and paid the fee. You will have to print the letter and deliver it along with the other documents.

Order rates

Please see the UDI website for fee information.

Please note that the fee is payable at the time of online registration of the portal.


On the day of your appointment at the application center, you will have to pay a VFS Service fee of 40 EUR.

Document Required

When you attend your appointment, you should bring all the documents listed on the checklist. You will find the link to the correct checklist in the email you will receive when you register your order in the Application Portal.

Photo Specifications

You will find all information though application portal.

Processing Times

Applications for residence permits are processed by the UDI. You can find information about the processing time of the process on the UDI website.You will be notified by email once your visa application is processed.

If the visa is approved you will receive a UDI document that you must print and take on the trip to Norway. If you are a citizen who requires entry visa for the Schengen area, you will receive a visa in your passport.

When you cross the border into the Schengen area, you

  • Your passport with the visa sticker (if you need a visa)
  • Copy of residence permit
  • Relevant documentation justifying the reason for the trip

When you decide when you want to come to Norway, you should arrange an interview with the police. The interview should be made as soon as possible after the date of your arrival in Norway.

The police will take a picture of you and proceed to apply for a residence card. The residence card is an identity card with your photo and confirms that you have a residence permit in Norway. With this residence card, you can also visit other Schengen countries. More information on the regulations on this subject is available on the UDI website.

If the visa is denied, you will receive a letter with information of the reason.

You can appeal the decision within 3 weeks after receiving the letter.

Download Forms

To find the correct Resident Permit type and forms to be filled, please go here