- Dear applicant, we inform you that our office will be reopened to receive visa applications by appointment from 14/09/2020. Access to our office will only be allowed to customers scheduled to apply for a visa (without companions). If you have questions or need to contact us, you can count on our call center service, remaining communication only by e-mail through the email email@example.com
“From 15 July 2020 the Norwegian government allows for visits to boyfriends or girlfriends who live in Norway in addition to visits to close family. The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) has prepared a form to be filled by the sponsor declaring that the relationship is genuine and has been lasting for more than nine months. This comes in addition to other required documents. The form can be found at UDI: https://www.udi.no/globalassets/global/aktuelt/korona/erklaring-om-kjaresteforhold.pdf.”
Please be advised that access to our offices will only be permitted upon compliance of our Security Measures:
After authorization of return by the competent authorities, our operations will operate on a reduced scale, with precautionary measures to protect customers and employees as follows:
- Mandatory use of mask for access to offices
- Body temperature measurement at office entrance
- Mandatory hand hygiene with alcohol gel at the entrance of offices
- Prohibition of access to offices for clients with symptoms
- Prohibition of access to companions
The access of companions will be allowed only in cases of evident need.
PLEASE NOTE: Our Call Center is operating Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 14:00.
WARNING: Due to the changes caused by COVID-19 in our operations, we estimate a longer waiting time to be attended in our call center as well as e-mail responses. We recommend that you consult our questions and answers section for added convenience, however, all users will be attended/answered.
- Travel advice – click here
- Restrictions on entry into Norway- click here
From 02 March 2020 applications will be sent to New York, USA.
New regional hub system for immigration cases:
Starting 02 March 2020, VFS Global will forward all applications to the Norwegian Consulate General in New York, US. The Norwegian Embassy in Brasilia and The Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro will no longer handle applications for visitor’s visa or residence permit to Norway submitted in Brazil. Furthermore, VFS Global will only operate a visa application center for Norway in Rio de Janeiro. For more details – click here
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click here