btn top

Residence Permit

Brazilian citizens need to apply for a residence visa.

For citizens of other countries, the following is valid:

  • Citizens of EU / EEA countries do not need a residence permit to stay or work in Norway. All citizens of EU / EEA countries who stay in Norway for more than 3 months are required to register with the police.
  • If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU / EEA and wish to work in Norway or stay in the country for more than 90 days then you need a residence permit

It is usually the Immigration Department (Utlendingsdirektoratet - UDI) that will process applications for residence permits.