Short Term (Visas upto 90 days)
Please go to the home page of the Directorate of Immigration in Norway (UDI) for Information on application procedures and regulations for short term visits to Norway/Schengen.
Applicant who are applying for Tourist Visa and will be staying in any paid accommodation while in Norway are requested to download the Travel Questionnaire fill it and bring it along with the other documents to apply for the visa click here
Applicants applying from Nepal who wants to go to Iceland on a Schengen visa upto 90 days, can also apply via Norway Visa Application center in Kathmandu. Visa applications for Iceland will be processed by The Royal Norwegian Embassy , New Delhi.
For more Information please click here
Apply in time and up to 3 months prior to planned departure
Register as groups – for a speedier and smoother process! Learn more….
The Visa application fee is 60 euros. More information on the visa fees can be found at the UDI web page:
You will pay the visa fee when you register your application on the Application Portal Norway.
VFS Service Charges
In addition to the Visa Fees, applicant requires to pay the VFS Service Charge of INR 1600/- (20.55Euros)inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9% which can be paid in cash or by Debit/Credit Card for India and BTN 2175/-(30 Euros) for Bhutan.
- In Addition for Bhutan there are mandatory BTN 2175/-(30 Euros) two way courier charges extra along with service charges.
- For Applicants applying in Nepal Service charge of NPR 3132/- (27 Euros) will be charged which is non refundable.
To add value to our customer, we offer some value added services. You will need to pay an extra fee in addition to the service fee when you avail these value added services. To know about these services please refer the additional service page of this website.
Note: Visa fee and service charges are not refunded if your application is refused by the Embassy of Norway, or if you withdraw you application while it is under processing at the Embassy of Norway, New Delhi.
Please click here for more Information
According to Schengen regulations (Visa Code), visa applications shall (as a main rule) be decided on within 15 calendar days from the day the embassy receives the application. Applications can be lodged three months before the start of the intended visit and the Embassy encourages the applicant to submit the application at the earliest.
Applications for business visa are normally processed within 7 days, however in case documents are missing/needs to be verified or in need of an interview; the processing time might go up to 15-30 days.
Before making a follow-up, applicants are respectfully requested to first check when the application was submitted. If the processing time has not been exceeded, your application is still under process and follow-ups should not be made. This will allow us to keep the processing time within 15 days.
Submitting the application forms with the requested documents does not guarantee the issuance of visa. The embassy advise applicants to only book and not purchase flight tickets upfront. Please note that the embassy is not responsible for any expenses in connection with insurance or purchased flight tickets in case of rejection.
- Applications accepted at the Norway visa application Centre at Delhi, will be submitted on next working day to The Royal Norwegian Embassy in New Delhi.
- Applications accepted at the Norway visa application Centre at Chandigarh, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune and Bangalore, will be submitted on third working day at The Royal Norwegian Embassy in New Delhi.
- Processing time for applicants applying in Kathmandu might take longer due to transit time of 48 to 72 hours to reach Norwegian Embassy New Delhi and back. Applicants are requested to plan their travel accordingly.