This visa is granted to those whose purpose of the travel is to visit family or friends in Norway. The person you are going to visit will have to provide an invitation and in most cases a financial guarantee.
A Schengen visa only allows foreign nationals to visit Norway and the other Schengen countries for up to 90 days.
This visa is valid to visit all the Schengen States
Only nationals who are legal residents in Iran can apply for a visa at the Application Centres.
Visa applicants are requested to appear in person at the time of submission.
Incomplete, unclear or unsigned applications will not be accepted.
Visa fees are non-refundable and have to be paid online at the time of completing the online application.
If the visit involves two or more Schengen countries, the Embassy responsible for the issuance of the visa will be:
- The Embassy of the country in which the traveler is going to stay the longest.
- If the traveler is to stay the same time in different Schengen countries, the Embassy of the country of first entry.
|Visa Category||Visa fees until 01 February 2020||Visa fees effective 02 February 2020|
|Tourist||Euro 60||Euro 80|
|Business||Euro 60||Euro 80|
|Visit Family and Friends||Euro 60||Euro 80|
|Children between 6 – 12 years||Euro 35||Euro 40|
|Children below 6 years||Free of Charge||Free of Charge|
|All short stay visas for Albania, Russian National etc.||EURO 35||EURO 35|
Kindly click here for Visa Application Fees
- The applicable visa fee in Euro is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice due to sudden foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Applicant shall be charged a service charge of Euro 28 per application in addition to the visa fees.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling (without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background).
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photograph provided does not meet these requirements, your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth is available at the Application Centre to help you click photographs meeting these requirements.
For more information on what the photo should look like, please click here.
The minimum processing time for the application at the Embassy of Norway is approximately between 15-30 days, unless the case requires further scrutiny
Please be advised that due to the above mentioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
Please be sure to submit your visa application well in advance, to avoid any inconveniences.
The application form for Norway’s visa needs to be filled online. To launch an online application form, please visit the Application Portal Norway