Please refer to UDI homepage for Family immigration.
Family immigration with Norwegian or Nordic citizen
- Applicable if your family is living in Norway, or your family in Norway have qualified residence permit to immigrate family to Norway.
- Applicants over 18 years old whose parent lives in Norway in general, could not qualify for family immigration. Also, applicants who have children over 18 years old in general could not qualify for family immigration.
- Person undertaking applicant to live in Norway must demonstrate sufficient income and financial eligibility in past and future reference. For more information regarding to financial eligibility, please refer to the checklist.
- Before submitting documents you need to register at Application Portal. You can select "family immigration" on portal to find the checklist according to the relationship to your undertaker.
Family immigration for fiancée in Norway.
- This is the fiancée permit to enter Norway. Although Japanese nationals are except for Visa to stay up to 90 days, you can marry within 90days, after you entering Norway and apply for family immigration within Norway. You are also permitted to stay during application processing period. Therefore, it is not recommended to apply from Japan, for saving time and fees if you are the Japanese national or visa exempt national.
- This permit is valid for 6 months, and you will need to get married within this period.
- It is also necessary to prove that you can marry in Norway after meeting the requirements for regular family immigration.
- If you are going to stay in Norway after marriage, you will require applying for family immigration permit. You can apply for this permit while you are in Norway.
- Please register your application on Application portal, before you are submitting documents. Please select ‘Family immigration’ and use the check list for "family immigration for those who are getting married" to find out your requirement and documents.
Please find out your fees here.
You are able to pay fee with credit card at online portal. Card holders’ does not need to be applicant self.
VFS is not accepting any visa/permit fee at Visa application center. So please complete your application before visiting application center.
Other than visa fee, you are requested to pay service fee EUR 30 and international courier fee (your application will be sent to Royal Norwegian Embassy in Beijing) EUR 63.84 , which are the payable at Visa application center in cash with Japanese currency.
Please prepare all documents indicated in check list, which you can find here. You can also find check list form the link, which you find in reply email, when you completed registration at Application portal.
NOTE: All documents that are not in English or Norwegian, must be accompanied by a translation from an accepted translation agency listed here.
All photos must meet the requirements listed below. If these requirements have not been met, the applicant will have to deliver a new photo that meets the requirements. The photo requirements are the same for children as for adults.
The Photo shall:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colours with a light background
- be 40-50 mm in width
- maximum 6 months old, resemble the applicant
- full-face, facing the camera directly, eyes looking straight at the camera
- Show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face shall occupy 70-80 % of the picture
- Show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair shall not cover the eyes
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- the glasses cannot be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there cannot be reflection in the glasses
Religious head-dresses are allowed provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
- Chin, forehead and both cheeks shall all be clearly visible
- Shadows in the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Please find out your process time here.