Please refer to UDI homepage for Work permit.
Below to explain some of the most common cases for Study permit.
Students in higher education and high school students
- You must have been duly admitted to enrollment.
- You must have enough funds for living. Please refer the checklist for sufficient amount.
- Funds need to be certified by the Norwegian institution where you are accepted or the deposit certificate of the Norwegian bank in the name of the principal. Certificates of Japan or other foreign banks are not accepted. In many cases it is impossible for the applicant to open a bank account in Norway. In such case, please contact the Norwegian educational institution where you are accepted, and ask for advice how to send money to the deposit account of the institution (deposit account). So the institution can issue the warranty the funds is held at their deposit account. If your enrollment letter already stating the funds warrantees, you do not need to submit additional evidence.
Please register your application on Application portal, before you are submitting documents. Please select “Studies” and use the check list for “Students in higher education and highschool students "to find out your requirement and documents.
In case of “folkehøyskole” , use check list for "folk high school or denominational college students".
Please find out your fees here.
You are able to pay fee with credit card at online portal. Card holders’ does not need to be applicant self.
VFS is not accepting any visa/permit fee at Visa application center. So please complete your application before visiting application center.
Other than visa fee, you are requested to pay service fee EUR 30 and international courier fee (your application will be sent to Royal Norwegian Embassy in Beijing) EUR 63.84 , which are the payable at Visa application center in cash with Japanese currency.
Please prepare all documents indicated in check list, which you can find here. You can also find check list form the link, which you find in reply email, when you completed registration at Application portal.
NOTE: All documents that are not in English or Norwegian, must be accompanied by a translation from an accepted translation agency listed here.
All photos must meet the requirements listed below. If these requirements have not been met, the applicant will have to deliver a new photo that meets the requirements. The photo requirements are the same for children as for adults.
The Photo shall:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colours with a light background
- be 40-50 mm in width
- maximum 6 months old, resemble the applicant
- full-face, facing the camera directly, eyes looking straight at the camera
- Show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face shall occupy 70-80 % of the picture
- Show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair shall not cover the eyes
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- the glasses cannot be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there cannot be reflection in the glasses
Religious head-dresses are allowed provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
- Chin, forehead and both cheeks shall all be clearly visible
- Shadows in the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Please find out your process time here.