New visa rules from February 2020 : Please take note of the following changes in the Visa Regulation (Visa Code) which will enter into force 02 February 2020:
- Increased Fees : The visa fees will be increased from EUR 60 to EUR 80. For Children between 6 and 12 years old, the visa fee will be increased from EUR 35 to EUR 40.
- Flexible submission : As of 02 February 2020 travellers will be able to submit their visa application up to 6 months ahead of the scheduled departure date. Seafarers can apply up to 9 months in advance. As a rule, applications shall be lodged no later than than 15 calendar days before the start of the intended visit to Schengen area.
- Processing time : Visa application shall be decided on within 15 calendar days after the embassy or consulate has received the application. The decision period may be extended to 45 days when further consideration is needed,
- Click here to find the list of countries whose nationals or specific categories of such third country nationals who are subject to prior consultation.
Are you applying for a Schengen visa or a residence permit to Norway?
The Norwegian embassy in Bangkok was established as a regional hub in South East Asia for immigration matters for Norway in August 2019.As of September 1st 2019 the Norwegian embassy in Bangkok is also responsible for handling visa applications and residence permit applications to Norway for applicants residing in Malaysia and Brunei.The Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok also receives residence permit applications to Norway. These applications are forwarded to the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) for decision. 10 October 2019 the VFS Norway Visa Application Centre will be operational in Kuala Lumpur and all applications for visa and residence permits are to be submitted there.
- As per instruction from Embassy of Norway from 29 July 2019 all applicant who want to apply to Norway must come to Norway Visa Application Center for checking photo on bio page. Both for applicant who already had visit to Schengen country before (VIS) and applicant who have not visit to Schengen Country.
- Schedule an appointment before submitting your visa application – click here
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click here