Visit other family/friends
When you apply for a visa, the application will be forwarded to the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Manila for processing. All cases are considered individually to see if the conditions for granting a visa are fulfilled. To read more about the conditions that must be fulfilled in order to be granted a visa, please click here: https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/visit-and-holiday/visitors-visa-to-norway/?c=phl#link-737 and select the purpose of your visit.
This visa for those who intends to visit their other family / friends. If during any portion of their visit to Norway the applicant intends to engage in business, or official duties he/she must refer to other relevant visa categories.
You will need to submit a copy of a travel medical insurance policy that will cover any costs of repatriation on medical grounds, urgent medical care or emergency hospital treatment. The insurance may be bought from an insurance company in the accredited list of local insurance companies, or an insurance company with office within the Schengen area. The insurance must be valid for the entire Schengen area, and cover the duration of your stay. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30.000. For the list of accredited travel insurance, click here
The possession of a visa does not give you an automatic right of entry to a Schengen country.
When you cross the border into the Schengen area, you will have to present:
- your passport with the visa sticker
- proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay (e.g. cash or a credit card). If you have a guarantee form, you should also bring a copy of this with you.
- documentation showing the purpose of your visit, such as an invitation, hotel reservation, etc.
- a return or round trip ticket if you are visiting the Schengen area for tourist purposes or private reasons
For the complete list of visa fees, please click here. Note that the visa fees must be paid online using a credit or debit card.
Aside from the visa fee, VFS will collect a service fee of Php 1,535.00 for each visa application. VFS accepts payment in cash at the Norway counter in VFS during your appointment date.
Applicants exempted from paying the Visa Fee:
- Children under 6 years
- School pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training
- Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research, as per specific rules
- Applicants related to (spouse, descendant or dependent ascendant of) EEA citizen who are exercising their right to free movement (on production of relevant certificates (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.)
- Applications for Entry visas (d-visa) for skilled workers (including their family members) who have received a concrete offer of employment.
- In certain cases, the fee may be waived or reduced in accordance with national legislation, when this would serve to promote cultural, foreign policy or development policy interests, other areas of vital public interest, or for humanitarian reasons.
At VFS, you may avail value-added services which are optional. For details please click here.
Applicants, submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
- The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Use coloured photo with plain white background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old (not used in any visas).
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly (hair behind ears).
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
Attaching the Photo to the Application form
- Glue one photograph on the designated space of the application form.
The processing time for visa applications is normally 3 – 5 days, and maximum 15 days.
In some cases, applications are sent to the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) in Norway, and the processing time for these may be up to 30 days. In exceptional cases UDI may take up to 60 days to reach a decision.
For non-Filipino applicants the processing time might take some longer, but a decision will still be made within 15 days from submitting the application. The reason for the extended processing time is that we cannot issue visas to citizens of certain countries before we have consulted other Schengen member states. This process takes up to seven days. For information on which countries such prior consultation applies to, please click here
You must fill out your visa application form by clicking here.