On these pages you will find information about residence and work visas to Norway. For more details you can also visit the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration website.


Seasonal work is work that can only be carried out during limited parts of the year due to climate variations, fluctuations in the availability of raw materials or other circumstances. Forestry, agriculture, the fish processing industry, plant nurseries and the restaurant and tourism industries are typical seasonal industries. Odd jobs such as carpentry, painting and other maintenance and restoration work are not considered seasonal work. If you are to replace an employee in connection with holidays, this must be clearly stated in your application. There is no requirement as to when during the year holidays can be taken. You can be granted a residence permit for seasonal work for up to six months. The six months can be divided between several permits for one and the same or several different employers. If you want to change employers after your permit has been granted, you have to apply again. For more information about permits to work as a seasonal worker, please click here


You may be granted a residence permit as a skilled worker if you have the following qualifications:

  • Specialist training corresponding to upper secondary education level. You must have completed vocational training for a specific occupation. The education must as a minimum correspond to upper secondary education level, i.e. at least three years. If you were educated abroad, you must have achieved the same level of expertise as you would have achieved had you been educated in Norway. Examples include vocational education for joiners, plumbers or auxiliary nurses.
  • Craft certificate. A craft certificate taken abroad must have resulted in the same level of expertise as a Norwegian craft certificate
  • University college or university education. The requirement is a completed degree or study programme. Examples include nurses, engineers, Bachelor or Master’s degrees.
  • Special qualifications. You must have gained expertise through professional experience of a certain duration, alternatively in combination with other training (courses and similar). If there is a formal education in the field achieved through of such education. Please note that, in principle, a skilled worker permit is only granted on the basis of special qualifications in exceptional circumstances and that thorough documentation is required.

For more information about permits to work as a skilled worker, please click here

Visa Fees

For the complete list of visa fees for residence permit, please click here.

Aside from the visa fee, VFS will collect a service fee of Php 1,540 for each visa application. VFS accepts payment in cash at the Norway counter in VFS during your appointment date.

Applicants exempted from paying the Visa Fee:

  • Children under 6 years
  • School pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training
  • Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research, as per specific rules
  • Applicants related to (spouse, descendant or dependent ascendant of) EEA citizen who are exercising their right to free movement (on production of relevant certificates (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.)
  • Applications for Entry visas (d-visa) for skilled workers (including their family members) who have received a concrete offer of employment.
  • In certain cases, the fee may be waived or reduced in accordance with national legislation, when this would serve to promote cultural, foreign policy or development policy interests, other areas of vital public interest, or for humanitarian reasons.

At VFS, you may avail value-added services which are optional. For details please click here.

Photo Specifications

Applicants, submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:


  • The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
    • Use coloured photo with plain white background.
    • The photo must be no more than 6-months old (not used in any visas).
    • Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly (hair behind ears).
    • Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
    • Photo in sharp focus and clear.

Attaching the Photo to the Application form

  • Glue one photograph on the designated space of the application form.

Processing Time

The stipulated case processing time is advisory. This means that some cases may take longer while others take less time. Click here for details.

Download Forms

  You must fill out your visa application form by clicking here.

To download the Application Form:

  1. Click on the form link
  2. When the form opens, save the form on your computer.


  1. Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
  2. Select Save Target As from the list
  3. Save the form on your computer.