Know Your Visa Type
Norway Visa Application Centre accepts applications for short-term (Schengen) visa, Residence Permits, and D-visas.
If you plan to visit Norway for less than 90 days, you can apply for a visitor's visa (Schengen visa - type C). The purpose of your travel determines the visa category:
- Tourist: The purpose of the travel is holiday, recreation;
- Business: The purpose of the travel is Business/Work, commercial activity;
- Visiting family and friends: The purpose of the travel is visiting family or friends who are the nationals of Norway or citizens of other countries residing in Norway with valid residence permit;
- Study, Cultural and Sport Events: The purpose of the travel is to attend courses, internships, participation in Study/Exchange programs/Summer schools; participate in sports, training, cultural exchange programs, tours and participation in conferences, workshops, etc.;
- Family Member of EU / EEA National: The purpose of the travel is to visit an EU/EEA citizen exercising free movement rights in Norway. Only spouses, children, and parents who are dependent ascendants of the EU/EEA citizen exercising free movement rights in Norway can apply.
If you intend to stay in Norway for more than 90 days, or if you are going to work while in Norway, you need to apply for Residence Permit.
- Study, work and Other Permits
D-visa is an entry visa which gives the customer the right to wait in Norway for the decision in a residence permit case. It is not a residence permit, and a D-visa does not give the customer right to work or access to any health service benefits or welfare services in Norway.
- Entry Visa for Waiting for a Decision in a Residence Case (“D-visa”)