Business travelers and representatives of business organizations:
Applicant will have to provide evidence that he/she falls under this category.
Applications shall be lodged no more than three months before start of the intended visit. A visa to Norway and the rest of the Schengen countries is valid for a maximum of 90 days. As a rule, the visa cannot be extended after you have entered the Schengen area. Exemptions can only be made if something unforeseen happens after you have entered the Schengen area and the original visa was granted for less than 90 days. However, the total residence time in the Schengen area cannot exceed 90 days during the past six months. The visa you are granted from Norway is valid in all the Schengen countries.
Additional requirements for applicants travelling for purpose of business and conference (including official visits)
Signed letter of invitation. The invitation must contain the following information:
- your personal data
- the reason for your visit to the Member State of destination
- how long you intend to be in the Member State
- who will be responsible for supporting you financially during the time you are in European Union
- date and contact details
Signed letter from your current employer or organization containing the following information:
- your personal data
- your function/profession
- terms of employment (temporary or permanent)
- number of years with employer/organization
- purpose of the visit
- who will be responsible for supporting you financially during the time you are in the Schengen Area
- Salary: pay slips & bank account statements from the last three months
- If you are self-employed, please submit copy of PIN Certificate and if available bank statement for business account (last three months).
- If you are attending a conference which requires prior registration, proof of registration and receipt for registration fee.
If your application is processed by the embassy, you will normally receive an answer to your application within two weeks. If the application is forwarded to Norway and UDI, the case processing will be about one month.
Please click here to view the Visa fees
Please Note :
- All fees paid at the Norway Visa Application Centre are non-refundable and no transferable
- There is a VFS Service fee levied per application over and above the visa application fee
VFS Service fee is inclusive of all taxes
VFS Service Charge 82,000 TZS
- The logistics fee and the value added service fees levied per application will be payable via I&M Bank branch near the Visa Application Centre. Please enquire from the Visa Application centre for the payment procedure during application date.
Value Added Services
The Visa Application Centre offers optional services at a nominal additional cost:
- SMS tracking facility
- Photocopying facility
- Printing Services
|Click here for Checklist|
- The photograph for each visa applicant must be an un-mounted, full face photo, as described below
- The photograph must have been taken within the last six months.
- One photograph must be submitted. The photograph should be glued to the application form
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- 35 mm x 45 mm with the head centered in the frame.
- The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure about 3 mm
- The photograph must be a full-face front view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly.
- The face should cover about 70-80 percent of the photo area.
- The photograph MUST be in color and have only a white background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
- In general, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed
- Sunglasses or other wear, which detracts from the face, are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).
- A photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete
The processing time for applications is normally up to 15 calendar days after the embassy or consulate has received the application. The decision period may be extended to 45 days when further consideration is needed.
Online application form
The application form for a Norway visa must be completed online. To launch an online application, please visit the Application Portal: