If you wish to study in Norway for longer than three months you must apply for a residence permit for students.
To be admitted to an educational institution in Norway, you have to contact the institutions directly.
Your study permit is renewable. In order to be entitled to stay on the same conditions, you must submit your application for renewal at least one month before the permit expires.
You should apply at least two to three months ahead of commencement of the studies. The embassy will send the application to UDI within one week after having received the application. For more information about processing time, see right hand sidebar.
Please click here to view the Visa fees
Please Note :
- All fees paid at the Norway Visa Application Centre are non-refundable and no transferable
- There is a VFS Service fee levied per application over and above the visa application fee
VFS Service fee is inclusive of all taxes
VFS Service Charge 82,000 TZS
The logistics fee and the value added service fees levied per application will be payable via I&M Bank branch near the Visa Application Centre. Please enquire from the Visa Application centre for the payment procedure during application date.
Value Added Services
The Visa Application Centre offers optional services at a nominal additional cost:
- SMS tracking facility
- Photocopying facility
- Printing Services
- The photograph for each visa applicant must be an un-mounted, full face photo, as described below
- The photograph must have been taken within the last six months.
- One photograph must be submitted. The photograph should be glued to the application form
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- 35 mm x 45 mm with the head centered in the frame.
- The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure about 3 mm
- The photograph must be a full-face front view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly.
- The face should cover about 70-80 percent of the photo area.
- The photograph MUST be in color and have only a white background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
- In general, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed
- Sunglasses or other wear, which detracts from the face, are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).
- A photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete
The embassy has 15 days to process a normal visa application. (In some (rare) cases, it can take 30 and even 60 days.) The period of processing starts when the embassy receives the application, which will happen the day after it has been handed in at VFS.
Online application form
The application form for a Norway visa must be completed online. To launch an online application, please visit the Application Portal: