The ETA visa service is for Taiwan and British Nationals (overseas) ONLY. For other nationalities, please see: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/601-
ETA lets you enter Australia for up to three months at a time as a tourist or for business visitor purposes. You are also permitted to study in Australia for up to 3 months in some circumstances.
You might be able to get this ETA if:
- you are a national of Taiwan/UK and holding Taiwanese/British Nationals (Overseas) passport (must not purport to be an official or diplomatic passport)
- you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business visitor purposes
- you hold an eligible passport.
Reason for stay
You can apply if you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business purposes.
Tourist activities include holidays, recreation or seeing family and friends.
Business visitor activities include:
- making general business or employment enquiries
- investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
- participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.
Business activities do not include short-term work. If you want to work in Australia, you can apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (Subclass 400).
For more information please click here.
Please Note: Taiwanese compatriot passports and official/diplomatic passports are not acceptable travel documents for travel to Australia. Taiwanese compatriot passports do not show the Personal Identity Number in the bio-data page of the passport.
However, if Taiwanese compatriot passport holders have evidence of a right of re-entry to the country of origin or a third country they can use their compatriot passports to travel to Australia.
If you hold a Taiwanese compatriot passport and have evidence of a right of re-entry to the country of origin or to a third country, you need to apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600). See: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/600- or the AVAC website above.
|Visa Category||Base Visa
|Base Visa Application Charge (SGD)||Additional
Charge – Over 18 (AUD)
|Additional Application Charge – Over 18 (SGD)||Additional
– Under 18 (AUD)
|Additional Application Charge – Under 18 (SGD)|
|ETA Visa||0||0||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
Important note: There is no Visa Application charge for the ETA Visa.
How to pay for your visa
Cash and locally-issued bank drafts (Payable to “AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION”) NB. Bank drafts drawn on overseas banks outside Singapore will not be accepted as there are delays in clearance and additional Application Fees involved.
|Additional document submission||SGD 37|
How to pay Service Fee
Cash and locally -issued bank drafts (Payable to “VFS SINGAPORE PTE LTD”)
Note: Both visa application charge and service fee must be made together when lodging an application.
- A clear copy of the bio page of the passport.
- A copy of your Singapore NRIC/FIN card
No photograph required.
Visa Processing Time Service Standards
The link below show the processing time service standards for different types of visa applications:
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.