VISA APPLYING PROCESS
- Please note that you can submit your visa application minimum 15 days and maximum 6 Months prior to your date of travel. It is the applicant's responsibility to take the necessary precautions to respect the deadlines where an appointment system is in place.
- To avoid any disappointment, applicants are advised to submit their complete files as soon as possible. Please note that the delay of treatment can take up to 45days.
- All applicants will submit their application to VFS Application Centre with the following exceptions:
- Holders of Diplomatic and/or Service Passports are allowed to introduce their visa application directly to the Embassy without a prior appointment, during the opening hours on working days.
Family members of EU citizens covered by Directive 2004/38/EC and of Swiss citizens are allowed to submit their visa application directly to the Embassy. In order to do so they should make an appointment by e-mail directly to the Embassy on the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- If the applicant voluntary opt to submit the visa application at the VFS Application Center, the service charges must be borne by the applicant and paid at VFS only.
- An applicant may be invited for an interview by the Embassy at a later date. In case an interview is needed, the Embassy will contact the applicant directly.
- An interview is compulsory for students that apply for a student visa (except for applicants having a Belgian scholarship or an Erasmus scholarship). The interview is scheduled the same day at 14h at the Belgian Embassy.
- Applicants are requested to read the following steps carefully before submitting their application at VFS:
- Applicant is requested to submit the application in person at VFS. Minors need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Add copies of first page of passport, of all pages in the passport that have stamps and or visa ; of previous received visa.
- If the applicant wants to receive his original documents back after the decision is taken, he needs to submit a complete set of copies of the visa file. Without a complete set of copies, the original documents stay at the Embassy and cannot be returned to applicant.
- Please note that documents in Farsi language only are not accepted for the treatment of your visa file ; translated documents only will be taken into account.
- The Farsi documents need to be translated by a sworn translator into one of our national languages or into English.
- Click here to access the online application form.
- On the appointment date pay the visa fee and service fee in cash Euro at VFS.
- Bring a printed application form, together with all the required documents to the VFS Application Center between 08:00 and 14:00 (Sunday—Thursday except the holidays observed by the Belgian Embassy)