If you wish to visit Iceland for a short period of time, you must obtain a visa prior to entry if you come from a country with a visa requirement for entering these countries.
- A visa normally grants you the right to stay in the entire Schengen region. The Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
- A visa grants you the right to spend a maximum of 90 days per 6 months in the Schengen region.
- Please note that a holder of a Schengen visa will still be subject to immigration control upon arrival and is as such not guaranteed entry into the Schengen area.
- A Schengen visa does not allow you to take up employment in the Schengen area.
- All visa applications should be signed and submitted by the applicant personally.
- All fields in the application form must be filled in correctly. If not, the application will be rejected.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents and/or information when processing the application.