Visa category chosen by an customer must be based on the purpose of travel to Denmark and the decision must be made by the customer him/herself - Visa Centre staff will not be able to assist you in making this decision.
Please find below the list of visa categories.
A visa normally grants you the right to stay in the entire Schengen area. A visa grants you the right to spend a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period in the Schengen area.
You apply for a visa to Denmark when
- Denmark is the only destination of the visit(s), OR
- the visit(s) include(s) more than one destination, Denmark is the main destination of the visit(s) in terms of the length or purpose of stay (where you intend to spend the longest time or where the main purpose of the intended journey is carried out), OR
- if no main destination can be determined, Denmark is the country of your first entrance into the Schengen area.
- If you plan to have 4 days of meetings in Denmark followed by 2 days of meetings in Sweden, you should apply for a visa at one of the Denmark Visa Application Centres.
- If you are staying 4 days in Denmark followed by 4 days in Sweden, you should still apply at the Denmark Visa Application Centres, since Denmark is the first destination in your visit to the Schengen countries.
- If you spend 2 days in Denmark and 4 days in Sweden, however, you must apply for a visa at a Swedish mission.
- If you wish to travel to France for a family visit (20 days) and has additionally organised a meeting with a business partner in Belgium (two days) and will arrive at and leave from Amsterdam (Netherlands), the French consulate should deal with your application, as the main purpose of the trip is the family event.
Visa for Greenland and the Faroe Islands: Greenland and the Faroe Islands are the autonomous regions of the Kingdom of Denmark and not parties to the Schengen Agreement. A visa to enter Denmark or another Schengen country is not valid for entry into the Faroe Islands or Greenland.
For visiting them it is necessary to have a national visa valid for Greenland and (or) Faroe Islands in addition to a Schengen visa. The application procedure for visas to enter the Faroe Islands or Greenland is the same as for a Danish visa.