Family Reunification and work permits
A residence permit is given only upon approval by the Danish Immigration Service in Copenhagen – the process may take 4-6 months. Such a permit will be valid for Denmark only, not the entire Schengen-area. Application forms can be downloaded here. (Please note that each of the Immigration Service’s application forms for Danish residence and work permits have been developed for a specific type of applicant.)
Further information can be found at the website of the Danish Immigration Service.
Please click here to view the Visa fees and VFS fees
Please click on the link Resident and Work in Denmark
Please click on the link (Guidelines for a Residence Permit for Family Reunification)
Please click on the link (Guidelines for a Residence Permit – Study)
Please click on the link (Guidelines for Residence Permit – Au Pair)
Note : The photographs submitted must meet with these specifications.
Please provide one recent photographs (not more than 3 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in color and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].
- Please don’t staple or glue the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. Our Photo booth strictly adheres to the specifications required for your photograph.
Please refer to the Danish Immigration Service homepage to obtain information about the processing time for an application of residence permit.
Online Application Form
There are different applications forms dependent on which type of residence permit you apply for. You can see the list of forms on this link and download the relevant form for your application.