- Mobile Biometric Service
- SMS Notification Service
- Premium Lounge
- Charges for Optional Services
- Service Charge for Application Handling
The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and VFS Global (VFS) has recently launched a Mobile Biometric Service (MBS) which offers the convenience, giving applicants across South Africa the option to complete their permit application, including biometric enrolment, from the comfort of their office or any location of choice. This service is ideal for large group such as the DHA corporate clients, as entire group can enrol biometrics and submit their visa/permit applications on the same date and from a location that is convenient.
- Ideal for corporate groups and educational institutions.
- Available any day of the week, including weekends;
- Accessible at locations across South Africa (subject to security assessment of the premises)
- Offered to groups of 10 applicants and above.
How to apply for the Mobile Biometrics Service
- Please write to us at email@example.com or call us on +27 (0)12 425 3015 to book a mobile biometrics service.
- Our team will confirm the pre-requisites and the fees applicable
Please Note: All applications collected during Mobile Biometrics service will be delivered to Department of Home Affairs. The adjudication of the applications will solely be facilitated by Department of Home Affairs, South Africa.
As part of VFS Global’s constant and on-going efforts to add value to applicant's experience, it is our privilege to offer the latest hi-tech SMS service; an express route to know the status of your visa application at your fingertips.
Easy to use SMS service with an automated confirmation feedback message sent to the applicant's mobile phone, at various stages of the visa application process. In addition, this user-friendly service will provide an automated email message to the applicant.
Experience the benefits of this service, which can be purchased for ZAR 20 (VAT inclusive), during the time of submission of the visa application. Before going to the application center,
This value added service is available only in South Africa (local SMS only). Please read the SMS service Disclaimer carefully before applying for this service.
Note – These additional services can only be purchased during the time of submission of the visa application at the Visa Facilitation Centres.
Premium Lounges are available at the Visa and Permit facilitation centres in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Pretoria, Port Elizabeth.
These lounges offer elegant and comfortable personalised services with dedicated facilities which are available for applicants submitting their applications. Applicants could avoid queues and save time besides being attended to privately and on-priority.
The Premium Lounge service includes:
- Dedicated assistance and personal attention
- Dedicated lounge where the application process is completed
- Complimentary photocopies and prints for submission purposes
- Biometric enrolment also completed in the lounge
- Refreshments available for all applicants using the lounge
Please note the Premium Lounge will be available by online appointment only.
To confirm a booking in the premium lounge for the application process, please reach out to the Visa and Permit Facilitation Centre closest to you, via email:
- Johannesburg Visa and Permit Facilitation Centre – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cape Town Visa and Permit Facilitation Centre – email@example.com
- Durban Visa and Permit Facilitation Centre– firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pretoria Visa and Permit Facilitation Centre – email@example.com
- Johannesburg East Visa and Permit Facilitation Centre - jhbbru-pl@Vfsglobal.com
- Port Elizabeth Visa and Permit Facilitation Centre – firstname.lastname@example.org
A VFS Global representative will contact you to confirm your appointment within 48 hours of receipt of your request.
Premium Lounge Submission Timings: 08:30 to 15:30 Monday – Friday only.
Please note that all Visa Facilitation Centres will be closed on South African Public Holidays. Please Click Here to see the Visa Facilitation Centre closure dates.
The charge to avail of the Premium Lounge service is R500 per application form.
The modes of paying the Department of Home Affairs and VFS Global the service fee and premium lounge fee are as follows:
- Credit or Debit card at the centre or
- Prepayment at Standard Bank branches
Premium Lounge (Only available in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban) - Price per application form
* VAT is inclusive of all applicable taxes and subject to change as per government's notification.
Service Charge for Application Handling - Price per Applicant