- Owing to the COVID -19 development and directives by the Government of the Republic of South Africa, the Department of Home Affairs Visa Application Centres will now be able to operate for Collections Only as per the Level 3 regulations as from the 01 July 2020.
- Please note only collections by appointment will be assisted with.
Below is the appointment link to be used. All users are directed to register before accessing the appointment scheduler
Please click here to schedule an appointment for collection
- No walk-ins or enquiries will be dealt with at the office.
- As the safety of our customers and staff is our priority, we have implemented strict health and safety measures in line with Government guidelines for social distancing at our Application Centres. On arrival at the Visa Application Centre, you will be required to undergo a temperature reading. Customers exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, including fever (higher than 37.3 degrees celsius), cough and difficulty in breathing will be allowed to reschedule their appointments for another day and not proceed further for their collections.
- For your safety, kindly adhere to the precautionary measures at our Centres.
Introduction and implementation of the automated fingerprint biometric solution which will replace the requirement of the manual South African police clearance certificate
The Immigration Act, No.13 of 2002 requires amongst other supporting documents a submission of a police clearance certificate when making an application for a long- term temporary residence visa or permanent residence permit.
As part of the continuous service improvement and efficiency, the Department of Home Affairs will be introducing a Biometric background check service which is linked to the South African Police Service Database. This service which will be provided at a value added cost of R185.00 (Incl. VAT) will replace the requirement to submit manual police clearance certificates obtained from SAPS.
With effect from the 01 November 2017 applicants will no longer be required to submit RSA police clearance certificates, where applicable, when making an application for a change of condition, renewal or extension of their visa and Permanent Residence Permit within South Africa.
This service is only available to applicants who are submitting an application at VFS for a temporary residence visa or a permanent residence permit. Foreign nationals who need to obtain a police clearance certificate for any other purpose should still request such at the South African Police Service.
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details - click here