Online Refund Submission Process
Submit your refund online in 6 simple steps
- Read the Refund Policy and Refund Supporting Documents Checklist before completing the refund request, link mentioned below.
- Logon to your profile
- Using the same details used to apply
- Click the Refund button for the application reference to be refunded
- The refund form is easy to complete.
- Fill all the required details correctly on the application form.
- Insert the number 0 (zero) for any fields that do not apply, as no fields can be left empty
- A message “Do you wish to submit the refund form – Yes and No buttons will be displayed.
- Click on Yes and following message is displayed
- "The Refund request has been submitted successfully. Payment should reflect in 20 working days subject to VFS Global approval.”
- An automatic trigger email with a refund form PDF attachment is sent to your email to confirm a successful refund submission
- Save and close the form, to complete after a few days.
- Email all supporting documents to the email provided
- Within 24 hours of submitting your online refund request successfully.
- Kindly ensure your email subject line contains the application reference number.
- This is for ease of reference and will ensure your refund request is processed seamlessly. Example TRV1234567 Required for Refund Documents"
Get a status confirmation email
- Within 20 working days of emailing all supporting documents as per the checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org
- VFS Global Important Notice for Online Refund Submissions
- Password protected documents
- Please share the password that was provided with your appointment letter, once again this is to ensure your refund request is processed seamlessly.
- Change in banking details
- Please include a bank account number confirmation letter, in the mail sent with supporting documents this is to ensure your refund request is processed seamlessly.
Manual REFUND PROCESS
In order to request a refund, kindly download and complete the below VFS Global Refund Request Form and submit along with your original proof of payment at the nearest Visa and Permit Facilitation Centre. Please note handwritten forms will not be accepted. You are kindly requested to read through the refund policy and requirements checklist and thereafter download the refund form and complete all mandatory fields and print.
VFS Global Refund Policy and Requirements Checklist
Additionally, kindly note the below important points when requesting a refund:
- All fields are mandatory and incomplete information will delay the processing of your refund.
- Ensure the original proof of payment along with the refund request form is submitted at the nearest Visa and Permit Facilitation Centre.
- Signature of the Applicant and VFS Centre supervisor is required.
- All payments will only be paid into a South African Banking Account.
- No payments will be done to a credit card number provided unless it was used for online payment.
All refund requests for online payments must supply the beneficiary reference number on the payment and unique reference number(URN)
- Ensure the application reference number is correctly stated on the refund request form
- If payment made via debit / credit card online, ensure transaction ID is correctly stated
- No handwritten forms will be accepted
- All refund requests are subject to VFS Global’s refund disclaimer/policy and requirements checklist
- Important Refund Update
Due to the large influx of refund requests, we will unfortunately not be able to meet the 30 calendar turnaround time and hence there will be a delay in your refund request. We are working tirelessly to resolve this issue and regret any inconvenience this delay may have caused.