Visitors visa section 11(2) with authorization to conduct work (3 months)
- Duly completed online form. Handwritten forms will not be accepted by Department of Home Affairs.
- Valid passport which expires in no less than 30 days after expiry of the intended date of departure from the Republic in terms of regulation 9(1)(a)
- The application is being submitted in person, no less than 60 days prior to the expiry date of the applicant’s visa and if the visa was issued for less than 30 days, not later than seven working days before the expiry of the visa.
- A valid return air flight ticket or proof of reservation thereof
- The proof of sufficient available financial resources contemplated in section 11(1)(b) of the Act in the form of a recently bank certified statement, for the last three months.
- A medical report not older than 6 months
- A radiological report. Provided that a radiological report shall not be required in respect of children under the age of 12 years or pregnant women;
- in respect of dependent children accompanying the applicant or joining the applicant in the Republic, proof of parental responsibilities and rights or written consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent or legal guardian, as the case may be
- in respect of a spouse accompanying the applicant or joining the applicant in the Republic, a copy of a marriage certificate or proof of a relationship as contemplated in regulation 3;
- Statement or documentation detailing the purpose and duration of the visit in terms of regulation 11(1)(a)
- In respect of dependent children accompanying the applicant to or joining the applicant in the Republic, be accompanied by:
- proof of consent from one or both parents or legal guardian, as the case may be, in the form of a letter or affidavit;
- where applicable, a copy of a court order granting the applicant parental responsibilities and rights in respect of the child; a letter from the person who is to receive the child in the Republic, containing his or her residential address in the Republic where the child will be residing;
- a copy of the identity document or valid passport and visa or permanent residence permit of the person who is to receive the child in the Republic; and
- the contact details of the parents or legal guardian;
Notes: No person holding a visitor's visa may apply for a change of status to his or her visa while in the Republic, unless under exceptional circumstances set out below:
- is in need of emergency lifesaving medical treatment for longer than three months;
- is an accompanying spouse or child of a holder of the business or work visa, who wishes to apply for a study or work visa;
- be that the holder's continued stay in the Republic is required for any purpose related to a criminal trial in the Republic: Provided that such application shall be initiated by the relevant Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions and addressed to the Director-General.
The Department of Home Affairs is committed to the following turnaround times for specific categories of visas and permits:
Permanent residence finalized within 8 months (Only for extra-ordinary skills, general work and business applications)
Temporary Residence visa applications for Business and general work visas will be finalized within 8 weeks or less (40 working days) and
Temporary Residence visa applications for Critical skills work visas will be finalized within 4 weeks or less (20 working days).
All other categories for Temporary Residence visa applications will be finalised in 60 working days from date of submission at VFS (renewals, change of conditions, extensions. Not applicable to Appeals)
All other categories for permanent residence permit applications will be finalised between 12 months to 24 months from date of submission at VFS.
You can track your application online on VFS Global website to determine status of your application.
DHA Application Fee
VFS Service Fee
Visitor's visa section 11(2)
Premium Lounge (Optional Service)
All fees are inclusive of VAT and to be paid in South African Rand. Above listed fees are non-refundable once the application is received by VFS Global and Department of Home Affairs.
Once all supporting documentation is available as per the documentary checklist kindly proceed to complete the online application form. You will be required to pre-pay a minimum amount of R1350 in order to secure and schedule your appointment online.
Payment to secure your online appointment can be made in three methods:
- Online payment via Debit/Credit card through the secure online portal
- Pre-payment at Standard Bank by downloading and completing the online generated bank receipt and depositing the cash into the nearest Standard Bank
- EFT payment through the secure online portal
Note- When selecting the pre-payment option, after payment has been done you are required to visit your online application form after 3 working days to proceed to schedule your appointment.