Short-term visa (type C) – is issued for transit through or an intended stay in the territory of the Schengen States of a duration of no more than 90 days in any six-month period from the date of first entry in the territory of the Schengen States
If you wish to visit only Estonia, the Schengen visa has to be applied with the Estonian representation.
If the travel destination includes more than one Schengen member state, the application must be submitted at the representation of the main destination. The main destination is the country where you intend to spend the longest time or where the main purpose of the intended journey is carried out.
If you wish to visit several Schengen member states and you are not sure of the state of main destination or plan to spend the equal number of days in each state, the visa must be applied for at the representation of the state through which you intend to enter the Schengen area.
|Visa Type||Visa Fee in INR||Visa Fee in Euro|
|Short-term visa (C)||4795||60 €|
|Short-term visa (C) children 6-12 years||2800||35 €|
- The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate and is payable only in cash. It is subject to change without notice
- Along with the visa fees, there is a service charge of INR 999/- (All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods and Service Tax –SGST @ 9% and CGST@ 9%)) is applicable per visa application and is paid in cash only.
- Along with the visa fees, there is a convenience charge of INR 150/- (All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @ 9% and CGST@ 9%)) is applicable per visa application and is paid in cash only.
- Applicants may also avail courier service for INR 450/- (All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @ 9% and CGST@ 9%)) per applicant
- Applicants may opt for SMS service for INR 200/- (All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @ 9% and CGST@ 9%)) per applicant
- The applications can also be submitted in our Premium Lounge for INR 2600/(All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @ 9% and CGST@ 9%)) per applicant
The following persons are exempted from paying the visa fee, however will have to pay VFS logistics
- Children under 6 years.
- A family member of an Estonian or an EU/ EEA citizen of a third country whose nationals are required to hold a visa for the Schengen area; persons who intend to attend meetings of the United Nations or its organizations, the Council of Europe, the European Union or the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe to be held in Estonia.
- School children, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose only of study or educational training.
- Researchers coming from third countries traveling in the Community for conducting scientific research with a view to facilitating proceedings carried out by Member States for issuing uniform short -stay visas.
- Persons invited by Parliament or the Estonian Government.
- Anyone who, by virtue of an international convention, is entitled to a visa free of charge.
Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations.
- Holders of diplomatic and service passports
- According to Visa Facilitation Agreements
Please click here for the list of document required.
Please click here for the Schengen List of Travel Insurance Companies
Please note that mere possession of a Schengen visa does not confer an automatic right to enter the Schengen Area.
At the external border, visa holders may be requested to produce documents justifying the purpose and conditions of their intended stay; that they have sufficient means of subsistence, both for the period of the intended stay and for the return to their country of origin or transit to a third state into which they are certain to be admitted, or are in a position to acquire such means lawfully.
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre.
Applications accepted at the Estonia Visa Application Centre will be submitted on the next working day at the Embassy of Estonia. Once the application has been submitted, the applicant can be further requested additional documentation in support of the same. Please note as per the instructions received from Embassy minimum processing time is 15 Calendar days (It may further get delayed depending on the case).
All applications must be submitted at least 15-20 days prior to the proposed date of travel to accommodate any unforeseen processing delays.
Kindly note if application is submitted in Satellite centre, it may take up to 48-72 hours in transit to New Delhi. All the applications received from Satellite centers will be sent to Embassy on next working day.
Processing time will start excluding the date of submission of application at VFS.
Filling the application
- Open the link above or navigate to eelviisataotlus.vm.ee and select the language you wish to use for filling the application.
- Enter your e-mail address as well as the anti-spam symbols required to proceed.
- Fill in the application according to the instructions. Make sure to read all the instructions carefully and provide as much information as possible. Avoid typing errors and if in doubt, click on the ? symbol next to the appropriate field for additional information.
- After completing the visa application, you will be provided with the number of your visa application and the filled form will be sent to your e-mail address as a .pdf file. You will also be given the choice to print the form out immediately.
- After printing the form, either from the webpage or from you e-mail, you must sign it, before submitting it to the Embassy or the Consulate General together with other required documents and the visa fee.