Attestation of Documents
Who Can Apply?
Through this service, applicant can attest Civil documents, Property documents, Commercial documents from companies exporting to India, Commercial documents from companies exporting from India, Documents of Foreign nationals (Civil and Property documents) and Power of attorney.
All applicants should ensure that documents submitted for attestation (other than documents issued by Indian authorities) have the apostille stamp from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) before submitting them to VFS centres for attestation.
In some cases DFAT requires that the documents be notarised before they can stamp it, and they may have other requirements; you are advised to check with DFAT before presenting the documents to them.
All Education degrees / documents of India must be first attested from competent authority in India particularly from Consular section of the CPV (Consular Passport Visa) Division, MEA, Patiala House, New Delhi and thereafter can be attested in HCI, Canberra.
- Wherever the documents are already apostilled by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), no further attestation by the High Commission/Consulates is required as per provisions of The Hague Apostille Convention and such apostilled documents are entitled to recognition in India
- If the applicant, for whatever reason, desires an additional attestation by the High Commission/Consulates, an undertaking letter would need to be given by the applicant that he/she is aware of the provisions of the Apostille Convention and that he/she would still like to have an additional attestation.
Attestation of signature - This service is given to Indian nationals holding valid Indian Passports only. The signature needs to be first attested by a JP/Notary. In the case of foreign nationals including Australian citizen, the signature should have been apostilled by DFAT before submission to VFS.Next
Checklist and Application Forms
Steps To Follow
The checklist for the application category that you apply for will provide details on which specific forms you may need to download. In some instances, there may be more than one form.
Complete a separate checklist and application form/s for each person applying. Ensure the documents are completed accurately and signed where needed.
Miscellaneous Services Form
Once application is complete refer to the VFS locations where you can submit your applications in person/send through courier.
Your Residential State VFS Office Location (If you are sending your application through Post/courier VFS office Location(if you are applying in person) New South Wales VFS - Sydney VFS - Sydney South Australia Australia- Sydney VFS - Adelaide Victoria VFS - Melbourne VFS - Melbourne Tasmania VFS - Melbourne VFS - Melbourne Australian Capital Territory VFS - Canberra VFS - Canberra Queensland Australia- Canberra VFS - Brisbane Western Australia VFS - Perth VFS - Perth Northern Territory VFS - Perth VFS - Perth
Please note: you can only submit your applications as per the jurisdiction to the VFS office location as mentioned in above table.
Example: if you residing in SA and wishing to apply in person, you must visit VFS - Adelaide office.
Now that you have completed Step2, you’re ready to submit your application. Make sure you have signed the application form/s and checklist where required and have all supporting documents in place.
Incomplete applications or applications with incorrect photographs specifications cannot be accepted and will be returned. Refer to Application and Service Terms
By Post/ Courier- If you decide to send in your application by Post/ Courier click here for details on how to submit your application.
In Person- If you decide to submit your application in person by appointment at an Application Centre, click below to book your appointment.Book An Appointment
Fees and Charges
Click on the Fee Calculator Icon to calculate fees applicable.
Fees for Miscellaneous Consular services are subject to revision every month depending upon the prevailing Rate of Exchange.
Credit/Debit card surcharge of 1.20% applicable for card payments. Only Master card or Visa cards issued in Australia are acceptable
IPVSC centres provide a courier service to return your processed applications back to your address at an additional service charge of AUD 22.00 (inclusive of GST) and return by courier for Visa and few Consular Miscellaneous services Application is purely optional service selected for convenience to the applicants
Optional SMS service provide you with three SMS updating you in real time on the status tracking of your lodged application at an additional service charge of AUD 2.50 (inclusive of GST)
IPVSC Centres in Australia provide photography services as per the guidelines of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). This service is chargeable and available for standard photographs of Adult and children. (Assistance may not be available for Infant and applicants’ with Special Needs).
IPVSC centres provide the service of Photocopy and Form printing of the Documents at an additional charge of AUD 0.50 per page.
Preferred mode of payment
At the application centre by Credit Card/EFTPOS
At the application centre in Cash
Other Payment modes
Fees can be paid by Money Order/Postal Order, in favour of, “VFS Services Australia Pty Ltd”
For all type of applications, same day pick up requests will incur an additional VFS Global Emergency Processing Fee of Au$88.00 (inclusive of GST) including interim/complete withdrawal cases.
Strictly do not finalize travel plans before receiving the service applied for. Processing times below are average processing times. Please plan your travel accordingly.
VFS Global/Government of India would not be responsible for any inconvenience/problems faced as a result of finalizing travel plans before obtaining the relevant service.
Applicants sending their documents by Post/Courier are requested to ensure that they are completed and meet requirements. Processing times mentioned do not include transit time by post/courier. Transit times by Courier are generally 1-3 days on average and may be higher in remote or rural areas.
Incomplete applications will lead to an increase in processing time and applicants will need to comply with any changes in the procedure that may occur during this time. As a part of Processing Incomplete applications are returned and Courier Return fees will apply. See terms and conditions for further details
For Attestation of Documents
Average of 5 working days
Photographs should be in color and strictly as per the specifications below.
- Un-mounted - 2 inch x 2 inch in size.
- Face should cover about 70 to 80% of the photo area.
- Frame Subject with Full Face, Front view, Eyes open
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
- Appropriate brightness and contrast showing your skin tones naturally
- Even lighting (no shadows across or behind the face)
- Face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling and with your mouth closed.
- If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
- Non-tinted prescription glasses are allowed as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Photograph for Child/babies - The photograph should show the baby or child awake, looking straight at the camera with mouth closed and nothing covering the mouth. It should also show both edges of the face clearly (no toys, blankets, chair backs or other people visible) and no hair across the eyes.
There is one self-service Photo-booth available at each of our centres in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. The photo-booth is a self operating standard Adult photo facility and cannot be adjusted to assist with Infant, Children or Special Needs applicants’ photographs.