Passport Related Information
All Indian citizens who depart or intend to depart from India are required to be in possession of a valid passport or travel document. Under the Passports Act 1967, the Government of India may issue different types of passports and travel documents such as Ordinary Passport, Diplomatic Passport, Official Passport, Emergency Certificate and Certificate of Identity for the purpose. Applicants in Australia are required to apply for their passports through VFS Global operated India Passport and Visa Services centres.
Applicants can apply for any of the below category of Passport from Australia basis their current passport basis their circumstances while providing supporting documents as per the related checklists.
- New Passport (on expiry of passport)
- Add / Delete Spouse
- Change of Address
- Change of Appearance
- Change of Name post Marriage/Divorce
- Change of Name
- Lost/Damaged Passport
- First Passport for a Minor (under 18)
- Passport for a Minor
- Police Clearance Certificate(PCC)
- Renunciation of Indian Citizenship and Surrender of Indian Passports
- Background Verification for US Global Entry Programme (GEP)