PIO Scheme has been withdrawn and merged with OCI scheme.
Applications for replacement can be submitted using the web link: click here
Your payment allows you to deposit an application. The latter can be accepted, refused or modified by the Embassy of India in its full right. Once fees have been paid, they cannot be refunded, even in a case of an application refusal or cancellation.
Modes of payment
Please refer to the page of the mode of submission that you are planning to use to find the list of accepted modes of payment.
The price of your visa is made up of fixed service charges and variable consular charges. The consular charges depend on the type of visa requested and on your nationality, profession or origin. Please consult the fees chart below in order to calculate the total amount to pay.
|Print Fees Brochure Indian Services|
Kindly print the check list which corresponds with the visa category you wish to apply for and attach it with your application. It must be filled in and signed. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
|Print OCI In Lieu of PIO Checklist|
Photographs should be in colour and strictly as per the specifications below.
- Un-mounted - 2 inch x 2 inch in size.
- Face should cover about 70 to 80% of the photo area.
- Frame Subject with Full Face, Front view, Eyes open
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white background.
- Appropriate brightness and contrast showing your skin tones naturally
- Even lighting (no shadows across or behind the face)
- Face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling and with your mouth closed.
- If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
- Non-tinted prescription glasses are allowed as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Photograph for Child/babies - The photograph should show the baby or child awake, looking straight at the camera with mouth closed and nothing covering the mouth. It should also show both edges of the face clearly (no toys, blankets, chair backs or other people visible) and no hair across the eyes.
There is one self-service Photo-booth available in our Paris and Marseille office.
Please note due to the delay in processing OCI applications, in case you need to travel urgently you should apply for a visa .
The Embassy of India and VF Services (UK) Limited cannot, in any circumstances, be held responsible for any applications which are not completed in time for your intended date of departure. Kindly note that obtaining an OCI card is not automatic; your application may be accepted, modified or refused by the Embassy of India in its full right.
Applications processed individually
Each application is processed individually by the Embassy of India: as a result processing times may vary between applications that appear to be similar. It is particularly frequent for families and groups who have submitted their applications simultaneously to receive their OCI cards with a few days gap.
Minimum processing times
The company VF Services (UK) Limited has no influence over the processing times of an OCI application: these depend essentially on the Embassy of India and to a lesser extent on the postal services (in case you have opted for a return courier service). We are therefore not in a position to guarantee maximum processing times. We are only able to communicate minimum processing times, provided for information purposes only.
Non-French nationals having long term visa or residency permit to stay in France may submit their applications for OCI Card in France, however additional time would be required to process such applications since clearances from the Indian Mission in their respective home country would be required.
|Minimum processing times for an OCI application|
|Mode of Submission||Minimum Processing Time|
|In Paris||Minimum 6 to 8 weeks after submission but may take longer|
|In Marseille||Minimum 6 to 8 weeks after submission but may take longer|
|In Lyon||Minimum 6 to 8 weeks after submission but may take longer|
|In Bordeaux||Minimum 6 to 8 weeks after submission but may take longer|
|In Strasbourg||Minimum 6 to 8 weeks after submission but may take longer|
|The Embassy of India reserves the right to withhold any application submitted for an in-depth examination. It may take longer in certain cases where reference to authorities in India or elsewhere is required.|
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Frequent errors / Important Information
- You should not to use any special characters or punctuation in any questions on the form: these could lead to errors during the processing of your application.
- Where names of people are asked (parents, grandparents, spouse) please ensure to write their full name and not just the first name or surname.
- No manual corrections should be made on the application form. In case of a mistake you will be required to fill a new form or modify the existing one online. Applicant will be responsible for any wrong entries in the application form
- Full signature in the box should be provided in case of major. In case of minor applicants his/her thumb impression (left hand thumb for male & right hand thumb for female) or signature of the minor applicant should be provided.
- Applicants must fill all the columns as per entries made in their passports.
- Non-French passport holder should give residential address in respective country and such cases require more processing time.
- It is an offence to knowingly furnish false information or to suppress material information when applying for OCI.
- Re-issuance of OCI is mandatory every time passport is renewed up to the age of 20 years, and again after attaining the age of 50 years in view of frequent biological change in facial features in these age groups.
Please note that if the supporting documents provided are not satisfactory, the applicant will be asked to provide more documentary evidence.
Your application may require additional documents as per your situation or the age of the applicant. You may find all the additional forms on this page.
|Form (click on the title to print)||Description|
||Declaration Form to be filled by all applicants when submitting any application|