The India Consular Passport & Visa Application Centre (ICPVAC) is the outsourced partner of the Embassy of India in France. In this capacity, the ICPVAC is responsible for receipt of visa applications for travel to India and visa fees, submission of applications at the Embassy of India in Paris, collecting the processed passports from the Embassy of India in Paris, and returning passports back to applicants.
The ICPVAC is managed by VF Services (UK) Limited who is not involved in the process of assessment of visa applications. The assessment of visa applications is carried out by the Embassy of India, Paris and the decision to grant or refuse a visa to India is at their sole discretion. Staff members of VF Services (UK) Limited have no role or influence over the outcome of an application.
All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad.
Applicants can apply for any of the below category of Visas from France to India based on their purpose of Travel and supporting documents as per the related checklists.
All visa applicants seeking visa for India are advised to mention the purpose of their visit to India clearly in their visa application forms and apply for relevant visa only. Please check the VFS Global website before filling in online India visa form to ensure that you are applying for appropriate visa and all the requisite documents are attached when presenting the printed application at the VFS Global.
There have been instances of people found attending conferences or engaging in business affairs while travelling on tourist visas. Engaging in activities not permissible under a particular category of visa may lead to debarment of the person from future visits to India and make him/her liable to applicable penalties.
Further, visitors are also advised not to overstay in India beyond the period mentioned in their visa which may lead to imposition of penalties and other punitive measures.
It is mandatory to be present in France at the moment of your visa application. Visa application by post from countries other than France, Corsica Island, Monaco, French overseas territories will be rejected.
Applicants holding dual nationality (or more) have to provide all valid passports when applying for a visa.
Please note that if there is no visa fee for one of your nationalities, your application will have to be processed and registered with the one for which there is.
2 Month Gap between visits
There must be a two month gap between entries to India for all Titre de Voyage holders and the following nationals: Afghanistan, China, Iran, Pakistan, Irak, Sudan, Maldives and foreigners of Pakistani origin.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Employment Visa
- Student Visa
- Entry Visa
- Conference Visa
- Journalist Visa
- Transit Visa
- Research Visa
- Medical Visa
- Medical Attendant Visa
- Transfer of Visa
- The Embassy of India will accept visa applications for urgent processing in an emergency situation on request from French nationals with effect from 23 February 2015. However, this facility will not be available to French nationals holding dual nationality, third country nationals or persons of Pakistani origin.
- Applications for issue of emergency visa can be deposited like other visa application at M/s. VFS, 42, Rue de Paradis, Paris 75010 on any working day between 09:00 - 11:00 and the passports with visas can be collected on the next working day from M/s. VFS between 14:00 to 16:00. In case of applications deposited on Fridays, the passports with visas will be available for collection on the next working day i.e. Monday. This facility is not available for applications deposited at Visa Application Centres at Bordeaux, Marseille, Strasbourg and Lyon. Applications sent by post will also not be processed under this facility.
- Emergency visas will be issued only for applicants who are travelling to India within seven days from the date of submission of application at M/s VFS. A confirmed flight ticket will need to be provided along with the application, as also a letter explaining the nature of emergency situation and a documentary evidence to justify the emergency.
- An additional visa fees of Euro 53.00 will be charged by the Mission and additional service charge of Euro 7.00 will be levied by M/s. VFS for each emergency visa application.
- The Embassy of India reserves the right to refuse urgent processing of visa applications in case of unjustified claims of emergency. Such applications will then be processed as usual non-emergency visa applications. In case the emergency visa is declined, the additional visa fee levied will not be reimbursed.
- The following emergency situation will be eligible for issue of emergency visas.
- Tourist Visa - Emergencies arising out of illness/death, marriage of relatives and any unforeseen circumstances which require emergency travel to India.
- Business Visa - Unavoidable/urgent business visit/meetings in India.
- Journalist Visa - For coverage of previously unscheduled events/developments.
- Conference Visa - For attending conferences in India in cases where invitation for participation is received late.
- Entry Visa - For Persons of Indian Origin needing to travel to India in emergencies arising out of death, illness, marriage or any unforeseen circumstance which require emergency travel to India.
- The emergency visa facility will not be available to the applicants for Employment Visa, Student Visa and other visa categories not specified above.
List of additional documents required
In addition to documents indicated in the checklist available at website for Tourist, Business, Conference, Entry and Journalist visas, the following additional documents will also be required to be submitted along with the visa applications for issue of ‘emergency’ visas:
- A note or letter from the applicant (written in English) requesting urgent processing of his/her visa application and explaining the nature of emergency, which requires urgent travel within 7 days of the date of submission of application.
- A document/message/letter to justify and to provide evidence of the emergency situation.
- A confirmed ticket for travel within 7 days of the date of application.