This visa allows you to travel to India for holidays, visit monuments, meet friends, attend a wedding…
Generally, the High Commission of India issues a visa valid for 6 months; however these are not given by default. Applicants can be granted a lesser duration if a lesser duration is written on the application form and/if the consular services decide to do so. In such cases, visa fees remain unchanged. Please note that the Tourist visa cannot be exchanged and cannot be extended in India.
The following persons are not eligible for tourist visas:
Certain professions require a “journalist” visa. The sectors of activity concerned by this requirement are: cinema, television, media, writing, publishing, press, photography, communication, advertising… (This list is non-exhaustive).
In case your profession falls in one of these categories please refer to the Journalist Visa checklist .
Pakistani nationals must apply for a Visit Visa. In order to check the documents required please click here .
Please note below are a list of the only ports that can be accessed with a T-3 Visa.
All applicants going on a cruise must apply for a Regular Visa application.
Please note: the validity of a visa begins on the day it is issued by the High Commission of India and not on the date of departure. Applications will not be accepted more than 30 days prior to departure.
Your payment allows you to deposit an application. The latter can be accepted, refused or modified by the High Commission of India in its full right. Once fees have been paid, they cannot be refunded, even in a case of an application refusal or cancellation.
Modes of payment
- Credit Card or Debit Card
- Deposit into the bank account as per the below details.
- Please note EFT payments are not accepted
Name of Bank: Nedbank
Account Number: 1012505804
Branch Code: 198 765
Account Name: VFS Visa Processing SA Pty Ltd
Please use passport number as beneficiary reference number on payment.
The price of your application is made up of fixed service charges and variable consular charges. Please consult the fees chart below in order to calculate the total amount to pay.
Kindly print the check list which corresponds with the visa category you wish to apply for and attach it with your application. It must be filled in and signed. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
|Print Tourist Visa Checklist|
Photographs should be in colour and strictly as per the specifications below.
- Un-mounted - 2 inch x 2 inch in size.
- Face should cover about 70 to 80% of the photo area.
- Frame Subject with Full Face, Front view, Eyes open
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white background.
- Appropriate brightness and contrast showing your skin tones naturally
- Even lighting (no shadows across or behind the face)
- Face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling and with your mouth closed.
- If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
- Non-tinted prescription glasses are allowed as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Photograph for Child/babies - The photograph should show the baby or child awake, looking straight at the camera with mouth closed and nothing covering the mouth. It should also show both edges of the face clearly (no toys, blankets, chair backs or other people visible) and no hair across the eyes.
Please Note: A photo service is available in all of our centres.
The High Commission of India and VFS Visa Processing SA Pty Ltd cannot, in any circumstances, be held responsible for any applications which are not completed in time for your intended date of departure. Kindly note that obtaining a visa is not automatic; your application may be accepted, modified or refused by the High Commission of India and/or its consulate in its full right.
Applications processed individually
Each application is processed individually by the High Commission of India: as a result processing times may vary between applications that appear to be similar.
Minimum processing times
The company VFS Visa Processing SA Pty Ltd has no influence over the processing times of a visa application: these depend essentially on the High Commission of India. We are therefore not in a position to guarantee maximum processing times. We are only able to communicate minimum processing times, provided for information purposes only.
The mission/Consulate makes all possible efforts to process the visa applications within the stipulated timeframe yet this must not be construed as an obligation on the part of Mission/Consulate.
Online Application Form
All applicants are required to complete the online application form and submit the same at the preferred India visa application centre. Please click here to complete your application form online.
Additional Forms -
|Declaration for Ex-Indian status|
|Consent form for minors|
|Consent form – minors with one parent.|
|Declaration form for second passport)|
|Foreign National Form|
Scheduling Of An Appointment.
Kindly note it is mandatory to schedule an appointment prior to submission of any application, Please click here to schedule.
Collection Of Passports
Applicants are advised to collect their passports personally strictly upon producing their receipt at the time of application. An Authorization letter should be given to a representative to collect the passport and who is able to check all particulars in the passport. The collector must carry his/her ID and produce the same on demand. Agent/collector needs to produce an authorization letter from the applicant.
Click here for the authorization letter.