Tourist(Type C only)
This section contains information about visa application fees and service charges, if you are applying for a visa at the visa service center to come to Italy from Dominican Republic.
Dependents are charged the same fee as the main applicant unless otherwise stated. All dependents that are travelling must pay the application fee and service charges whether or not they are included in the main applicant's passport with some exception.
You can use the quick links listed here to take you the information or you can scroll down the page.
- Visa Fee
- Service Charges
- Optional services
- Courier Domesa Service Cost ( Additional Service )
- Visa Fees waived categories
- Refund process
The below rates apply at the visa service centres. They may be varied at any time. Charges are non-refundable and may only be paid in cash. Credit cards and other forms of payment are not accepted. Whenever possible the cashier should be presented with the exact money.
|Visa Fee Type||In Euros||US Dollars|
|Visa Fee ( Categories A or C)||€ 60||$67|
|Visa Fee for applicants aged between 6 – 12 (Categories A or C)||€ 35||$39|
|Visa Fee (Category D)||€ 116||$128|
|Visa fee for applicants aged between 0- 5||€ 0||$ 0.00|
The payment of the consular fee must be done in the application center only. Applicants must not make any payment in the bank acounts of the embassy of italy. Embassy will not make any refund of the consular fees paid erroneously in the embassy bank account
|Service Charges||In Euros||US Dollars|
|Service Fee per applicant||€ 30||$ 33|
- Service charges are inclusive of VAT levied per application over and above the visa fees.
To add value to our customer, we offer some value added service. You will need to pay an extra fee in addition to the visa application fee when you attend the visa service centre only. To know about these services please refer the additional service page of this website.
- In Santo Domingo: $10
- Outside Santo Domingo $13
- Visa Fee for applicants aged between 6 – 12 (Categories A or C)
- Study visa applicants
- Researchers traveling for the purpose of scientific research as defined in Recommendation 2005/761/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of 28 September 2005 in order to facilitate the issue by Member States of uniform for short to researchers from third countries traveling within the Community for purposes of scientific research;
- Blood relatives of citizens of the European Union within the second degree of kinship. (Direct ancestors: parents, grandparents, great grandparents…; Descendants: children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren…, siblings and spouse). (To obtain this benefit, on the day of interview must demonstrate unequivocal way kinship, exhibiting civil status registers).
Note: Please note that you may be charged visa fee even though you meet the above information. This will be done only in consultation with the Consular Department of the Embassy of Italy in Dominican Republic
Visa application fee reflects the administrative costs of processing an application. Your visa application fee will not be refunded unless:
- You withdraw your application in writing before any processing takes place; or
- Embassy authorizes a refund
Please note that visa fee and service charges are not refunded if your application is refused by the Embassy of Italy, or if you withdraw you application while it is under processing at the Embassy of Italy in Dominican Republic.
Visa application requirements – tourism for parents in laws of eu citizen
- You must request the appointment indicating in the space “motivaciones”, the phrase: "EU citizen family “
- Without exception, all documents must be presented in original and photocopy.
- The application must be submitted in person at the Italy Visa Application Centre in Dominican Republic.
- Failure to provide one of the documents listed below provides room for rejection of the visa application and the Embassy reserves the right to request additional documentation as appropriate.
- National visa application form completely filled out, signed by the applicant and, if a minor, signed by a parent or guardian.
- Two (2) recent color photos 3x4 white background, one attached to the form.
- Passport in good condition with validity exceeding three months over the duration of the requested visa.
- A photocopy of the first page of the passport (page with photo and personal data only).
- Letter of the U.E. citizen who lives in Italy or Dominican Republic, submitted to the Embassy asking for the expedition of the Tourism Visa, stating the main destination of the trip.
- Photocopy of the "carta d'identità" of EU citizen
- Photocopy of "permesso di soggiorno" of the Dominican Republic spouse.
- Recent Marriage certificate issued by the competent Italian Comune.
- Documents to prove the parentage:translated in Italian and apostilled)
- Birth certificate of the Dominican Republic spouse issued by competent Notary or Registry.
- Citizenship ID of applicants who are at least 18 years of age.
- In the case of a passport issued for the previous loss or damage shall, without any exception, submit the migration certificate issued by the Migration Dominican Republic office.
- Bank letter and bank statement for the past 3-6 months .
- For further information you can access : https://ambpanama.esteri.it/ambasciata_panama/es/informazioni_e_servizi/visti/
When applying for a visa, you are required to bring 01 photograph as part of completing and submitting your visa application.
You need to submit 1 (One) photograph. The photo must be pasted (not stapled) on the visa application form. Your visa application photo must meet certain criteria regarding size and content. Submitting photos that do not meet these criteria can delay the visa application process. Your photographs must meet the guidelines shown in the image below:
Your head height, measured from the top of your head, including the hair, to the bottom of your chin, must be between 50% and 70% of the photo's total height. Your eye height, measured from the bottom of the photo to the level of your eyes, should be between 55% and 70% - or roughly 2/3 - of the photo's height.
Your photo must be 3cm x 4cm and square-shaped, meaning the photo's height must be the same as its width.
Head orientation is important when taking your visa photo. Frame yourself within the photo so that your full face shows. Face directly toward the camera and make sure your eyes are open.
Fill the Frame
Your photo must show your entire head, from the top of your hair to the bottom of your chin.
Center your head within the frame.
Show Your Eyes
Make sure your eyes are open.
Background & Quality
The area behind you in the photo should be uncluttered and either white. Sit in front of a plain white background for best results. Photo quality must be of high resolution and must be printed on normal photographic paper (photo printing)
Sit so that your face is fully-lit and there are no distracting shadows across your face or in the background
Relax and Look Natural
Be sure to have a natural expression on your face when you take your photo, like those shown here:
For more information about visa application photo specifications, visit click here
Processing times in Dominican Republic
The Majority of standard visa applications are processed within 15 working days from the date your application is submitted to the Visa Application Center.
When all documentation is complete and meets all the requirements your application will be send to the Embassy of Italy in Panama.
- Visa applications are assessed individually and processing times may vary. The actual processing time of your visa application will depend on several factors and because of this you should not to make your travel arrangements to enter or transit through the Spain until you have received your Schengen visa.
- Your passport can be retained by the Embassy of Italy in Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic for 60 days for processing of visa application
- You may require to appear for personal interview in the Visa Application Center, if the Embassy of Italy in requires it
When to prepare your application
The Embassy of Italy in advises you to allow enough time to prepare your visa application. Some applicants can take 1 to 2 weeks to prepare their visa application and you should allow enough time to read the guidance on the visa category you are applying for, complete your visa application form, prepare your supporting documents and arrange for translations (if necessary). You can submit your visa application up to 3 months (90 days) in advance of your planned travel date.
Queries about processing times
You can track the status of your application by using the Track your Application facility on this website and by using the SMS text alert facility (fee payable).you can contact visa service Centre by using the details available on the Contact Us page of this website.
Role of Visa Application Centre in processing
Please note Visa application Centre and none of its staff has any role in the decision making process. Processing of visa application is completed by the staffs at the Embassy of Italy in Panama.