This visa is issued to applicants (after proving the necessity of passing through the schengen area) to allow them to pass through Italy to reach their final destination.
This visa is a short term (type “C”) period visa with a maximum of 90 days.
Please click here to view the Visa fees & VFS fees
- Personal appearance of applicant is required
- All documents must be submitted in original, as well as in a clear photocopy, together with the application
- In case of minors, birth certificate and formal parental/guardian consent to the trip, plus copy of their passport must be provided
List of documents:
- Application form duly completed and signed by applicant ( by parent / guardian in case of minor) and phone number.
- Passport (or other travel document recognized by the Italian Government ) valid for minimum three months after expiry of requested visa, containing at least 2 empty pages(back to back) and validity not exceeding 10 years.
- Two recent full face color photos, passport size (45 mm x 35 mm), taken against a light background.
- Previous passport in original if any.
- Kenyan I.D.
For other nationalities, Kenyan resident permit or re-entry stamp in passport valid minimum 3 months after expiry of the visa.
- Passport with entry visa issued by the final country of destination and proof of the effective need of passing through the Schengen area.
- Proof of economic means of support.
- Flight booking.
- Personal Bank Statements – Proof of sufficient funds or evidence of maintenance in host country (credit cards, bank statements, employment contract, etc).
- Travel/Health Medical Insurance, valid for all Schengen Countries for the entire period of stay and minimum coverage EUR 30,000
- Hotel Reservation
|Checklist for Transit Visa|
|Schengen Visa Application form|
Sample Photograph: Below specs to be maintained at 45mm x 35mm
- Taken against a clear white background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background;
- Clear and of good quality(as per the ticked sample but with white background);
- Printed on normal photographic paper;
- Unmounted - 45 mm x 35 mm in size;
- Full face (without sunglasses and normally without a hat or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background).
Please provide your recent photograph (not more than 6 months old). The photographs should be in colour: -
The processing time for Schengen visas depends on each individual case. However, applicants should always apply minimum 4 weeks before the intended journey.
If the case is considered uncomplicated, the processing time is 10 calendar days counting from the day the Embassy receives all the required documents (excluding the day of submission and return to VFS).