What is VISA?
- VISA is a kind of endorsement or acknowledgment, whose specific meaning differs from country to country. Generally speaking, however, it is used to mean one of the following two things; One being the 'permission to enter' a given country, and the other being the 'consul's recommendation for a foreigner's entry request.'
- In case of the Republic of Korea, the latter definition is used. Therefore, even if one was to have a Korean visa, one can still be denied entry to Korean soil should an immigration officer find some requirements unsatisfactory after inspection.
Visa free Entry (Visa waiver)
- Visa is a basic requirement for entry and in principle, a foreigner wishing to enter Korea must have a visa.
- However, a person meeting any one of the following qualification may enter Korean without a visa. (Article 7, Section 2 of the Immigration Act)
- * Those granted permission or immunity for re-entry that enters before the expiration date.
- * Nationals of a country that signed visa waiver agreements with the Republic of Korea and are thereby subject of exemption. In case of India, visa waiver will be applied to the diplomatic passport holder and the official passport holder upto 90 days.
- * Those entering for the interest of international goodwill, travel, or purpose beneficial to Korea who have been granted permitted to enter by presidential decree.
- * Those that departed with a refugee travel certification and entering prior to the expiration date.
- For detailed information on a foreigner's entry without a visa, please click here.
Visa Category chosen by an applicant must be based on the purpose of travel to the Republic of Korea and the decision must be made by the applicant themselves – Visa Application Centre staff will not be able to assist you taking this decision.
In case of any questions regarding visa application The Embassy of the Republic of Korea, New Delhi may require the additional interview with the applicant.
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea, New Delhi will return processed passports to the Visa Application Centre in New Delhi. Applicants have a choice to decide on how they would like to collect their passports and / or documents, i.e. by subscribing for a Courier Services at the time of application submission or by collecting it from the Visa Application Centre in New Delhi.
Single Entry Visa
- Only a single-entry is permitted for the duration of the visa.
- Valid for 90 days from the date it had been issued.
Double Entry Visa
- Individuals, except for medical tourism visa applicants, who wants to visit Korea twice within six months of Immigration (In case of medical tourists, eligibility will be in accordance with 'medical tourism guidelines’)
- Double-entry Visa holder can stay for 30 days in the validity of 6 months.
- Multiple entries are permitted for as long as visa remains valid.
Visa provided under multiple-entry visa Agreement: duration specified by an agreement. In case of India, Short Term Business (C-2) Multiple-entry Visa holder can stay for granted length of stay in the given validity period.
Applicants who are applying for Business visa may apply for Multiple-entry visa however Embassy of the Republic of Korea, New Delhi reserves the right to grant Multiple/Single Entry Visa to the applicants based on their discretion