Short Stay Visa
The short-stay visa is the most common Schengen visa. It entitles travellers, subject to the visa requirement, to enter the territories of the 26 Schengen States to pay a continuous visit or several visits (depending on the number of entries granted by the consulate), the duration of which does not exceed three months (90 days) in any half-year from the date of first entry in the Schengen area.
Applicants from Bangladesh are requested to submit their Short term Visa Application (C Type) with the Embassy of Italy in Dhaka.
You can apply for a visa minimum 15 days or maximum 3 months before your intended date of travel. Applicants are strongly advised not to confirm their travel arrangements until they have received their visa.
Please make a note of the below points before submitting your application at the Visa Application Centre:
- The applications should be submitted 15 days prior to the date of travel, except for applicants applying under Business category. For any exceptions you are requested to contact the High Commission directly by writing an e-mail email@example.com
- Photocopy of all pages of passports needs to be attached in application at the time of submission for all the categories
- Applicant needs to submit their old passports and if passport is lost (and not marked as lost on new passport) then police report (FIR) also is required.
- Applicants applying under Student visa need to submit the bank statements of last 06 months. Bank statements should be signed and stamped by bank, along with bank letter is mandatory.
Important Information:- Please refer the below mentioned points as instructed by Indian authorities, the High Commission of Malta:
- Old passport is mandatory for all the nationalities
- Visa Application Form for minors (under 18) needs to be signed by both the parents and ID proof of the parents
- NOC letters from parents should be in original
- Passports where alterations of the bio page or the validity of the passport is handwritten are not acceptable.
“Important information for applications lodged in India: as of 1 February 2018 a travel medical insurance will be accepted only if it is issued by one of the insurance companies mentioned in the list of approved companies. Please read carefully the following document:
“List of approved Indian insurance companies”