This visa is solely for the purpose of leisure travel including vacationing, cruising, sightseeing and other recreational activities. If during any portion of your visit to the Netherlands, you intend to engage in business, or official duties, you must refer to other relevant visa categories.
When you receive your visa, please read it carefully and inform the Netherlands Visa Application Centre if you find an error. Correction of any errors discovered after leaving the Visa Application Centre will require new visa registration and payment of new handling fee. The validity of your visa indicates the dates between which you should enter AND leave the Schengen Territory.
The length of your stay in the Schengen area is limited to the number of days indicated on your visa, even if your visa-sticker has a longer validity. If you overstay, you risk a two year visa sanction for all Schengen countries.
When a visa is valid for more than six months, the duration of stays is 90 days in every 180-day period. If you get a multiple entry visa you may leave and return any number of times within the 180-day period, but the combined stay within the region must not total more than 90 days.
Application for Minor
Please note that if you are applying for a Schengen visa for a minor, there are specific requirements regarding the documents that need to be submitted. For more information, please see the tab ‘Documents Required’.
Please note that VFS Global offers an additional optional service for visa applicants in Indonesia. VFS Charges an extra service fee for this service, to be paid by the applicant.
- For the official visa fees charged by the Dutch government, click here.
- VFS service charge:
Apart from the visa fee, VFS service fee charged in IDR equivalent of EUR 17.20 inclusive of VAT and Covid Fee charged in IDR equivalent of EUR 5 exclusive of VAT per application will be levied for customers applying at the visa application centres.
- Visa Fee Payment can only be made in cash.
- All fees are non-refundable.
For a list of the required documents, please click here.
The submitted documents can be in English or Dutch. Documents in any other language should be accompanied with an authorized translation.
Application for a Minor
Please note that if you are applying for a Schengen visa for a minor, there are additional required documents (not necessarily mentioned on the checklist):
- a Schengen application form that is signed by both parents of the minor;
- the birth certificate of the minor (please bring the original and a clearly readable copy; the original will not be sent with the application but will be checked when submitting the application);
- a copy of the identity documents of both parents. Important: the original identity document must bear/contain a signature of the holder and the copy of the identity document should also show this signature. For example, if in the passport of the parents, the signature is on a different page than the personal details page, the copy of the identity document should be of both the personal details page and the page with the signature. If the identity document is an identity card that is signed on the back, the copy of the identity document must be of both the front and back of the card. If the original identity document of the parent(s) of the minor does not bear a signature of the parent(s), the parent(s) will have to submit a notarised copy of their signature to confirm that the signature on the application form of the minor, is indeed the signature of the parent(s).
- a declaration from the minor’s school consenting to their absence if the minor is travelling outside of school holidays.
If the minor will be travelling alone or with only one parent, the application should also contain a signed and legalized consent declaration letter from the parent or parents who will not be travelling with the minor, stating that the minor has permission to travel.
If one of the parents has been allocated parental responsibility for the minor, you need to submit a copy of the signed identity document of the parent with parental responsibility, the court judgment stating that the parent has been allocated parental responsibility for the minor, the application form for the parents signed by the parent with parental authority and, if the minor is travelling alone, a letter of consent from the parent with parental responsibility. The birth certificate of the minor and the letter of consent from the school (if travelling outside school holidays) are also required.
- Complete the online Schengen visa application form, print it out and take it to your appointment. It is strongly recommended to complete the form using the online portal instead of the paper format.
- The portal will guide you through the application questions and will make sure you do not forget to enter any necessary values.
Another documents requirement:
- Photocopies should be of good quality since these should be readable on the part of the client mission.
- Photocopies should be in portrait mode and not in landscape.
- Exception is the Family Certificate, the photocopy should be in landscape.
The legal processing time for a Schengen visa is 15 calendar days. Applicants are strongly advised to make an appointment well in advance of the travel date so that their application is submitted at VFS at least 3 to 4 weeks before the travel date but no earlier than six 6 months prior to their departure to the Netherlands. Please be aware that in the run-up to holidays (generally the period March up to and including July) and festive seasons the waiting time to get an appointment increases considerably.
After applying for your visa, you will not be able to borrow your passport back while your visa application is being processed.
Also, kindly only make travel plans that you can cancel until your passport has been returned to you.