Travelling to the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
The Caribbean parts of the Kingdom of the Netherlands consists of:
- Sint Maarten
- Sint Eustatius
Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten are autonomous countries within the Kingdom.
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba (also referred to as the BES islands) are special municipalities of the Netherlands and constitute the Caribbean Netherlands.
Short stay (<90 days)
To find out whether you require a visa for short stay in the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom, please consult the following weblink: Click here
See the links below for detailed information on travelling to the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom:
Travel without visa:
Visa short stay (<90 days):
Long stay (>90 days):
If you want to stay in the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom for longer than 90 consecutive days, you need to have a residence permit. Residence permits are issued by the competent authority of the country where you wish to move to.
Please note that VFS Global offers an additional optional service for visa applicants in Oman. VFS Charges an extra service fee for this service, to be paid by the applicant.
- For the official visa fees charged by the Dutch government, click here.
VFS service charge:
Apart from the visa fee, VFS service charge in OMR of the equivalent of 16.25 Euros (for submission with biometrics) inclusive of VAT per application will be levied for applicants applying at the visa application centre.
- Visa Fee Payment can only be made in cash.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Complete the online Caribbean visa application form, print it out and take it to your appointment. It is mandatory to use this form to apply for a Caribbean Visa.
- The portal will guide you through the application questions and will make sure you do not forget to enter any necessary values.
|Caribbean Visa Checklist|
|Consent Caribbean Visa Email|
The photographs must be:
- The photographs must be:
- No more than 6-months old
- 35-40mm in width
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph
- In sharp focus and clear
- Of high quality with no ink marks or creases
- The photographs must:
- Show you looking directly at the camera
- Show your skin tones naturally
- Have appropriate brightness and contrast
- Be printed on high quality paper, and at high resolution Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper.
Style and lighting
- The photographs must be:
- Be colour neutral
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible-no hair across your eyes
- Show you facing square on to the camera, not looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or tilted, and showing both edges of your face clearly
- Be taken with a plain light-coloured background
- Be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on your face and no red eye
Glasses and head covers
- If you wear glasses:
- Be colour neutral
- The photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses, and no tinted lenses (if possible, avoid heavy frames - wear lighter framed glasses if you have them)
- Make sure that the frames do not cover any part of your eyes.
- Head coverings :
- Are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
Expression and frame
- Your photographs must:
- Show you alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible), looking at the camera with a neutral expression and your mouth closed.
The Caribbean visa is not valid for travel to Schengen.
The legal processing time for a Schengen visa is 15 working days. Please note that your passport will be kept during the visa application process.
The Visa processing time is approximately 15 working days from the date of submission of the application. However in certain cases, it may take longer and we are unable to advice when the passport will be received as the processing of the visa application is at the sole discretion of Consular Service Organisation (CSO)
Please be advised that due to the above-mentioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
Please note that your passport will be kept during the visa application process. Applicants documents will be sent to Consulaire Service Organization in the Hague, The Kingdome of Netherlands
|Netherlands Caribbean Visa Application Form|
|Minors Consent Form|
- It is mandatory to use this form to apply for a Caribbean Visa.
Complete the online Caribbean visa application form, print it out and take it to your appointment. It is mandatory to use this form to apply for a Caribbean Visa.
The portal will guide you through the application questions and will make sure you do not forget to enter any necessary values.